Western Michigan University Athletics is seeking a motivated, energetic and creative individual for our Fan Engagement Assistant position. This position will work directly with the Asst. AD of Fan Engagement & Brand Advancement, and will serve as the primary marketing coordinator for assigned sports.
1. Oversee marketing and gameday fan experience efforts for assigned sports.
2. Produce & direct all aspects of in-game shows for assigned sports.
3. Oversight of Buster Bronco, the WMU athletics mascot, for games and special events.
4. Assist with on-field/court game production for Football, basketball & hockey.
5. Helps develop & coordinate marketing efforts for all WMU Bronco sports.
6. Assist with the planning and implementation of game promotions and special events.
7. Assist in the oversight and management of student workers & interns.
8. Create promotional signs, graphics and social media messages for assigned sports.
9. Design and assist with the distribution of email newsletter for assigned sports.
10. Primary contact for on-campus student marketing initiatives.
11. Assist with creation and execution of marketing plans geared specifically towards students through social media and other efforts.
12. Serve as gameday liaison for halftime groups and National Anthem singers/ROTC, performers used for WMU sporting events.
13. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Position Qualifications include:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, sports management or a related field
1+ year of experience in a collegiate marketing department or related field
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple responsibilities
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Working knowledge of graphic design programs preferred, but not required
Individuals interested in applying can email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Western Michigan University is a learner-centered, research university, building intellectual inquiry and discovery into undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in a way that fosters knowledge and innovation, and transforms wisdom into action. As a public university, WMU provides leadership in teaching, research, learning, and service, and is committed to enhancing the future of our global citizenry. Nationally and internationally recognized, the University aspires to distinguish itself as learner-centered, discovery-driven, and globally engaged. The synergy of these three pillars enables WMU to be a premier and distinctive university of choice. Western Michigan University offers all students a learning community designed for and dedicated to their success. We are committed to access and affordability, and sustaining an environment in which every student can meet the world head-on and triumph.WMU has more than 250,000 alumni worldwide, living in all 50 U.S. states and some 140 other countries. Of the University's total alumni, about 73 percent —183,831—reside in America and about 51 percent—128,887—reside in Michigan.•The University has a diverse student body, with minor...ity groups making up 23 percent, graduate students 21 percent and international students 8 percent.•Despite its size and complexity, WMU has a 17-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio, two-thirds of undergraduate classes have 30 or fewer students, and undergraduates have ample opportunities to work closely with faculty researchers and artists.•Within three months of graduation, 91 percent of alumni are employed, engaged in military service or full-time volunteer work, or continuing their education; 88 percent are satisfied with their jobs; and 85 percent have jobs related to their degree.•Ranked No. 1 among Top U.S. Sales Schools by Study.com, the sales and business marketing program is one of just a handful of majors focusing on both selling and sales leadership and since 2007 has been recognized by the Sales Education Foundation as being one of the Top University Sales Programs.•National researcher Gartner lists the integrated supply management program among the nation's 10 leading supply chain undergraduate programs and has done so for the past three years.•WMU has the world’s oldest, largest and premiere blindness and low vision studies program of its kind in the world.•The Haworth College of Business is among an elite group of fewer than 5 percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business as well as among the select 1 percent that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics adds to the vitality of campus life. WMU is committed to gender equity and is an NCAA Division I school in the Mid-American Conference (Football Bowl Subdivision) and National Collegiate Hockey Conference.•By posting the league's best overall GPA for the academic year, the 398 student-athletes in WMU's 15 Mid-American Conference sports brought home the 2016-17 MAC Institutional Academic Achievement Award.•WMU's male student-athletes have had the highest overall GPA in the Mid-American Conference five times, capturing the MAC's academic achievement award for men more often than any other school in the league.
In an effort to better define and measure what comprehensive excellence and the holistic development of Bronco Student-Athletes, Western Michigan Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Director of Athletics Dan Bartholomae have unveiled Broncos REIGN: WMU Athletics’ Strategic Plan.
REIGN is the acronym for WMU’s mission and stands for Reign as champions; Empower those we serve; Inspire community; Grow leaders, and Navigate and adapt.
THE VISION: We will distinguish ourselves through COMPREHENSIVE EXCELLENCE enhancing the BRONCO LEGACY.
THOSE IT WILL SERVE: Bronco Student-Athletes: We will lead the country in the holistic development of our athletes. Bronco Fans, Alums, and Supporters: We will serve as collaborative and transparent partners with high-quality connections and energizing events. Bronco Staff and Coaches: We will create a welcoming and inclusive environment that supports personal and professional growth.
Broncos Reign took the values and priorities of the department and developed them into six strategic goals:
1) The Bronco Experience - Student-Athlete Holistic Development: We will be recognized as a national leader in the holistic development of our student-athletes.
2) The Winner’s Circle - Competitive Success/Championship Culture: We will annually compete at the top of our conferences, win championships and strive for national recognition in our sports programs.
3) Raising the Stakes - Aggressive Revenue Generation: We will develop and maximize sustainable resources to provide stable financial streams that lead our conferences.
4) Broncos United - Diversity Equity & Inclusion: We will be the front runner that drives our campus and conference standards for a welcoming, diverse and inclusive environment.
5) The Stables – Facilities: We will invest in facilities that enhance the student-athlete experience, provide events that are unique and memorable for our fans and compare favorably to our peers.
6) The Power of the Heard - Community Engagement: We will harness the power of our brand through strategic partnerships with our campus, community, the state of Michigan and Broncos worldwide.