Duke University Athletics Association is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Director of Volleyball Operations. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Head Coach and the Assistant Coaches.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
· This position, along with all coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of our intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of our university.
· Project management
· Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a large variety of constituents.
· Proficiency in Microsoft programs and other presentation platforms
· The ability to deal with the public in a prompt, profession and courteous manner
· Shares the responsibility of the mission, strategic planning and goals for Duke Volleyball
· Ability to work in a highly dynamic and diverse university setting
· Ability to keep professional development opportunities current, such as conferences, training sessions, and memberships, etc.
· Knowledge of college athletics
· Provide administrative assistance to volleyball coaching staff, including mail distribution, compliance forms, organizing recruiting visits, recruiting material and mailings; recruiting film, and calendars; assist in the use of recruiting websites available to Duke University.
· Assist and maintain the organization of the training calendar, recruiting calendar, leadership calendar and first year action calendar.
· Assist in budget maintenance including organizing team and staff travel, tracking travel and recruiting receipts once trip has occurred; securing travel advances and clearing procurement expenses.
· Schedule practices for both home and away matches.
· Plan and organize community service activities for the team.
· Plan, coordinate and administer marketing initiative of the volleyball program including developing, implementing, and supervising game day promotions. Production of newsletters, camp brochures, and other related publicity materials using Microsoft and Adobe programs
· Assist with equipment order and maintenance.
· Serve as a liaison to compliance departments.
· Assist head coach in managing player housekeeping situations involving scholarships, travel, housing, summer school.
· Organize and annual volleyball banquet.
· Plan, coordinate, and distribute alumni mailings, emails, newsletters, and reunions.
· Assist with hiring and monitoring student managers.
· Performs front desk duties such as greeting visitors, managing the phone, UPS, USPS and other main desk responsibilities.
· Assist in organizing the annual budget
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and previous coaching experience. Must have valid driver’s license
Collegiate playing experience or experience in an athletics-related field.
Duke University is a private research university located in Durham, North Carolina. Duke is a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference and sponsors 27 varsity sports, Recreation and Physical Education and the Duke University Golf Club.