Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
Additionally, Salve Regina University competes as a Division III member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC). The University sponsors 20 intercollegiate sports for men and women in addition to club and intramural teams, and a variety of recreational opportunities. Seahawk Student-Athletes distinguish themselves in the classroom as well as on the field. 50% of our student-athletes have consistently attained a GPA of 3.4 or higher over the last 6 semesters.
Serving as a member of the senior administrative staff for the athletic department, the primary function of this position is to oversee the budget, procurement, and accounting for all department funds. The incumbent works with administrators and coaches on the management of current budgets, day-to-day business operations, and long-range financial planning, while assisting with the human resources functions for the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement financial controls and operating procedures to ensure that the athletic department operates within the financial policies and guidelines of Salve Regina University.
- Manage the development, oversight, and reconciliation of all athletic department and related budgets, including p-card transactions.
- Oversee procurement, payment of invoices for goods and services, and process travel reimbursement and advances.
- Manage all payroll and part-time personnel actions on behalf of the department.
- Work in conjunction with the Office of Advancement to monitor fundraising accounts.
- Assist with ticket and game day operations as needed throughout the year.
- Prepare monthly financial and statistical reports for distribution to coaches and staff, as well as the annual Department of Education EADA report, NCAA financial reports, and NEWMAC and CCC financial reports.
- Assist with departmental long-range financial planning and corporate sponsor cultivation and coordination.
- Collaborate with coaches on travel arrangements, including the routing of travel-related contracts for approval and signature.
- When appropriate, submit contracts to be reviewed and approved by the necessary Salve Regina offices (Student Affairs, Payroll, Business Office, Office of the President, etc.).
- Deposit revenue on behalf of the department, providing required information for check and electronic payments.
- Serve as the departmental point of contact for areas of finance and administration, including purchasing, budget office, payroll, and accounts payable. Assist with human resources related duties.
- Work closely with the Athletics administrative staff to ensure proper financial procedures are followed by all varsity programs; assist with Club Sport fiscal management.
- Must adhere to all NCAA/CCC/NEWMAC/Salve Regina University rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics including providing oversight, support, and management of certain head coaches through the supervision of select varsity programs.
- All Athletics personnel are charged with being knowledgeable of and assuring and monitoring compliance by all student-athletes, staff and assistant coaches with applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies, interpretations and regulations of the NCAA, the University, the Commonwealth Coast Conference, and the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference. Staff members shall immediately advise the Compliance Office if there is reason to believe that violations have occurred or will occur and shall cooperate fully in any investigation of possible NCAA or conference violations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management of sensitive personnel matters, student records, financial records, and other confidential information and data.
LICENSES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
Incumbent is subject to both inside and outside work; could encounter extreme weather conditions.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including (waiting periods apply):
- health, dental and vision coverage available on the first of the month following date of hire
- 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA with employee and employer contributions as well as access to advising services
- long-term disability coverage
- employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- up to 100% free tuition at Salve for eligible employees and qualified dependents
- robust wellness program and free access to the on-campus Fitness Center
Other available benefits include:
- supplemental life insurance for employees and dependents
- supplemental insurance coverage through Aflac
- Tuition Exchange scholarship program. Application available for qualified dependents of eligible employees working full-time
- discounted pet insurance through ASPCA
- student loan forgiveness assistance program (SAVI)
- discounted auto and home insurance through Liberty Mutual
- employee Assistance Program through Coastline EAP
- flexible spending health and dependent care accounts
- health savings accounts
- 529 collegebound saver program
For more detailed information on Salve's benefits, visit https://salve.edu/human-resources/benefits.
Salve Regina University strives to cultivate belonging values through diversity, equity inclusion in order to foster a welcoming culture for our staff, faculty and students, as well as the wider community. Salve Regina University embraces all people with grace. No matter the path traveled to get here, the University acknowledges that many identities will intersect. Salve Regina belongs to all in its community.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, sports management, or another related field.
Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a business or intercollegiate athletics setting, with experience in managing financial affairs, including effective oversight of budgets and financial forecasting.
Proficiency in various financial accounting systems and computer software applications (Word, Excel, Office).
Strong coordination and organizational skills required to effectively manage operational challenges.
Demonstrated human relations, and personnel management experience, and effective communications skills are required.
Ability to work day, evening, and weekend hours as required by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess advanced communication, financial forecasting and organizational skills, efficiency in computer usage and a high degree of self-motivation and dedication to all aspects of the intercollegiate program.
Must embrace diversity in all forms by actively promoting a culture of inclusiveness and striving for justice in your actions as a reflection of Salve's mission and the Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy.
Master's degree in business administration, finance, accounting, sports management, or another related field.
5+ years' experience working in a business or intercollegiate athletics setting; with experience in managing financial affairs including effective oversight of budgets and financial forecasting.
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University’s commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers bachelor’s and master’s degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.