Full-Time Communications and Operations Assistant (12 Months)
Albertus Magnus College
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
Operations - Event Management
Operations - Facility Management
Operations - Sports Information
4 Year Degree
This individual will fill a dual role working in both game operations and athletic communications within the athletic department. In the operations realm, this individual will assist administratively with physical plant, game management and logistical operations to benefit the department’s intercollegiate programs. In the athletic communications office, this individual will assist with the athletics website and social media sites, oversee event management, perform statistical duties and generate stories that highlight the significant achievements of the athletics program and its programs/students.
• Updating and maintaining the official Albertus Magnus College athletics website, www.albertusfalcons.com.
• Operates within the mission of the College and athletics department to ensure a full NCAA Division III student-athlete experience.
• Follows all institutional, GNAC and NCAA regulations regarding designated responsibilities and athletics in general.
• Creates compelling story ideas and narratives; produces content for both external and internal channels; writes social media posts and manages content.
• Produce timely press releases and score reporting, game/feature stories, game programs and record books.
• Help coordinate with the Sports Information Director with special athletic events such as Albertus Madness, Athletics Banquet, etc.
• Will also assist with other departmental projects as needed.
May assist with any items listed below, working in collaboration with the Coordinator for Operations/Facilities.
• Scheduling of Albertus Magnus gymnasium, game fields and tennis courts for intercollegiate athletic programs, campus constituents and outside vendors in collaboration with campus partners.
• Dissemination of game contracts for home and away varsity contests.
• Oversight of hospitality, game operations and event management for all home intercollegiate contests.
• Liaison with campus Food Services to coordinate meals for road and selected home contests.
• Facility maintenance to campus athletic venues.
• Assists in organizing the setup/breakdown and coverage of all home athletic events.
• Assists in supervising game-day student workers and all game-day staff.
• Preparation of locker rooms for visiting teams as applicable within Albertus Magnus College venues.
• Contacting game officials for home intercollegiate contests.
• Provides regular upkeep to athletic department vehicle fleet and coordinates any necessary maintenance or repairs for the fleet.
• All other duties as assigned by the Coordinator for Operations/Facilities or Director of Athletics.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Two years of experience writing and editing in a professional setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
Albertus Magnus College thrives as a diverse and dynamic institution serving 1,500 students in three distinct degree programs: traditional undergraduate, accelerated adult undergraduate and master’s degrees. Through its liberal arts and professional educational offerings and its long- standing excellence in student-centered, values-based education, Albertus Magnus College is a shining example of modern day education. The Albertus campus provides a distinctive environment for students, faculty and staff. The College’s 50-acre, park-like campus, within walking distance to downtown New Haven, is located in one of the city’s most distinguished residential neighborhoods, Prospect Hill, which features both early 20th century mansions and modern architectural gems. Numerous academic, student services, and athletic facilities grace the campus, which serve as an attraction to prospective students. The Mission Statement of Albertus Magnus College is to provide men and women with an education that promotes the search for truth in all its dimensions and is practical in its application.