Multnomah University is a private non-denominational Christian university located in the heart of Northeast Portland, Oregon. MU Athletics provides an extremely competitive environment in the Cascade Collegiate Conference (NAIA) in which student-athletes can implement and integrate the University's mission of representing Christ in every aspect of the collegiate athletic experience.
We are seeking a collaborative and dynamic individual eager to serve as the Assistant Athletic Director. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of NAIA eligibility/compliance/academic reporting, game day/facility management, student workers, and intramurals on campus. The successful candidate must be comfortable being a leader and managing a budget. You should be prepared to participate in developing athletic strategic initiatives.
Athletics Compliance Administrator
- Work in in cooperation with the faculty athletics representative (FAR) and senior associate athletic director to foster an environment of education and adherence to all institution, conference and NAIA regulations.
- Serve as the preparer of all NAIA eligibility materials to be submitted/signed by the appropriate parties – Head Coach, Athletic Director, Registrar and FAR – for all our varsity sports.
- Serving as the academic liaison to student success by focusing on tracking/updating degree progression, 12 credit registration checks, overall transcript review, and study hall hours reporting back to the appropriate Head Coaches.
- Will need to meet with student-athletes and other appropriate parties on campus including but not limited to Student Success and Professors.
General Operations and Administration
- Sport budget oversight which includes monthly reconciliation checks for credit card and general expenses for all sports.
- Scheduling athletic facility rentals for Williford Field and Lytle Gym and handling the appropriate contracts, insurance, and waiver processes for internal and external parties.
- Coordinating the travel schedule with teams via bus companies, van rental places and/or internal MU vehicles.
- Assisting with game management and traveling when needed.
- Serve as coordinator for MU intramurals partnering with Student Life and the Student Government Association to create and establish fun student led events throughout the academic calendar year.
Other areas include collaboration with community outreach, spiritual life, fundraising activities, admissions/enrollment team events and other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, 12 month position and is eligible for benefits. It reports to the Associate Vice President of Athletics and Enrollment and is a member of the athletics leadership team along with the Athletic Director, Sports Information Director and Senior Woman Leader.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide your resume, cover letter and at least 3 professional references with contact information to Corey Mehl at email@example.com
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree required
Leads with the highest ethical and moral standards
Knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations
Demonstrated commitment to a program of academic and athletic excellence
Demonstrated experience in small college athletics
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Because we believe that professionally qualified, committed Christian personnel are key to the operation of a truly Christian university, and that not only teachers, but all employees, by the pattern of their lives, serve as role models to our students, the job descriptions for all employment positions at Multnomah University contain the following relating to required personal qualities:
Employees will have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal savior. John 1:12
Employees will be in basic agreement with the institution’s doctrinal statement
Employees will believe the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living. 2 Tim. 3:16-17
Employees will be Christian role models in attitude, speech and actions towards others. This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for morality and sexual conduct. 1 Tim. 4:12, Luke 6:40, Col. 3:17, Titus 2:7-8, 1 Thess. 2:10, 5:22
Employees will be actively involved in a local church
Multnomah University is committed to providing an equitable opportunity for all student-athletes to participate in NAIA intercollegiate athletics while successfully completing a degree program. The University’s goal is to ensure a secure and welcoming campus environment for all student-athletes that will afford them the opportunity to learn and compete at the highest level and view athletics as an integral part of campus life. Athletic participation will help our student-athletes with their goals to promote academic and athletic excellence, determination, life skills, leadership development, discipline, perseverance, and team work. The Athletic Department at Multnomah University strongly endorses an all-inclusive program that encourages each student-athlete to develop their character, values, and skills to the fullest during their University experience.