Position Summary: Reports to the Associate Athletics Director for Student-Athlete High Performance and Development with a line to the Director of Athletics. Supervise and coordinate athletic training services for student-athletes participating in intercollegiate athletic programs for the Campbell University athletic department, working under the medical directions of team physicians and in conjunction with referring physicians, other ancillary medical professionals, and Campbell University staff (athletic training, athletics administration, sport coaching, academics, sports performance, counseling services). Serves as the athletic trainer for Men’s Basketball. Will provide leadership to the Sports Medicine Department. Must adhere to NCAA, CAA and Southern Conference institutional rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF ATHLETIC-RELATED INJURIES Maintain an effective program of preventive care for the University’s athletic teams as assigned by the Associate Athletics Director for Student-Athlete High Performance and Development Follow necessary policies and procedures to provide for the welfare of all student-athletes Scheduling and coordination of all physical examinations for student-athletes prior to the start of their sports season. Document and disseminate, to appropriate staff, any chronic medical conditions or special needs Notify the coaches of assigned sport(s) of all injured student-athletes, informing them of the nature and the seriousness of the injury. Parents will only be notified with the consent of and at the request of the student athlete Coordinate all necessary referrals to Campbell University Team Physicians for assigned sport(s). Consult with the Campbell University Sports Medicine staff for referrals outside of the Campbell University physicians Maintain accurate records and submit insurance claims in a timely manner
(2) ATHLETIC TRAINING FACILITY Direct the efficient operation of the athletic training rooms, including assisting in developing necessary procedures and schedules Maintain accurate records of student-athletes treated in the athletic training facility and ensure that injury report forms are properly completed and on file in the electronic medical database, Athletic Trainer Systems Identify needs of the athletic training facilities. Maintain an accurate inventory of all athletic training supplies and equipment
(3) INJURY REHABILITATION PROGRAM Design and implement comprehensive rehabilitation programs for injured student-athletes Communicate regularly with coaching staffs and sports performance concerning the progress of student-athletes undergoing treatment and/or rehabilitation
(4) ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES Serve as a member of the Athletic Training Leadership Team Provide positive leadership to the entire sports medicine department Direct onboarding process for all new hire Prepare hardship petitions in accordance with guidelines established by the NCAA and the CAA and/or the Southern Conference for qualified student-athletes Maintain inventory, supplies, and equipment in various Athletic Training Facilities Maintain accurate records and submit insurance claims in a timely manner, ensure the accuracy of insurance files located in all athletic training facilities Communicate with insurance coordinator and/or insurance company representative for medical claims Ensure all medical claims are documented electronically in a timely fashion Coordinate transportation for student-athletes needing medical attention Complete administrative duties assigned by the Athletic Training Leadership Team Participate in the development of policy and procedures within the Department of Athletics Participate in the selection assistant athletic trainers Uphold and abide by Campbell University policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Title IX and Information Security including but not limited to HIPAA, FERPA and other state and federal mandates Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
(5) GAME MANAGEMENT DUTIES Coordination of necessary emergency services for athletic events, including the presence of EMT personnel when appropriate Communicate with visiting athletic trainers prior to the event, providing a description of available facilities and services and a list of emergency phone numbers Confirm the availability of athletic training and medical personnel at the event Prepare the required bench services and amenities as well as locker room amenities for visiting teams when appropriate Travel will be required for in-season away contests with assigned teams and, when possible, out-of-season away contests as deemed necessary by the Associate Athletics Director for Student-Athlete High Performance and Development.
Campbell University maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Accordingly, the University is committed to administering all educational and employment activities without discrimination as to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ethnicity or national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, protected veteran and military status and any other characteristic protected by law, except where appropriate and authorized by law. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, the following employment decisions and practices: hiring; upgrading; promotions; demotions or transfers; layoffs; recalls; terminations; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and recruitment or recruitment advertising.
Employees and applicants of Campbell University will not be subjected to any form of harassment or discrimination for exercising rights protected by, or because of their participation in, an investigation or compliance review related to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998, or any other federal or state nondiscrimination law, rule, or regulation.
Campbell University also maintains affirmative action programs to implement our equal employment opportunity policy. Employees or applicants who wish to review appropriate portions of these affirmative action programs may schedule an appointment to do so by contacting Human Resources at the Buies Creek campus, during normal business hours.
Bachelor’s degree or Entry Level Master’s Degree from a CAATE accredited institution Master’s degree in Athletic Training or related field desired NATA BOC certification North Carolina State Athletic Training Licensure or eligible 2+ years of collegiate or professional athletic training experience desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels Maintaining strict confidentiality and attention to detail are essential Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy and discretion in dealing with university faculty or staff, student athletes, coaches, parents, and others associated with athletic programs Work independently as well as function effectively in a team and within a diverse group of people Exercise independent judgment in complex and new situations Manage multiple, concurrent projects, and meet strict deadlines Adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to work in a changing environment Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holiday breaks as necessary Availability to travel, with overnight stays required This position requires honesty, integrity, and the ability to work within the Christian mission of Campbell University
Campbell University is a Division I (FCS) institution located just south of Raleigh in North Carolina, sponsoring 21 varsity sports. Campbell University is home to multiple medical programs including: Doctor of Pharmacy, Master of Physician Assistant Practice, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, and Nursing.