Job Title: Assistant Director of Athletic Communication
Revised: May 2021
Status: Exempt, Full-time, 12 month schedule
Reports To: Director of Athletic Communication
Wage Grade: 720
Overview: The Assistant Director of Athletic Communication assists with the College's efforts to promote and publicize the athletes and events at Augustana College. Provides assistance at home events, writes and disseminates stories, compiles statistics and logs archival information and provides additional support within the Sports Information area.
* Is responsible for timely updates of content to the athletic website. Works with internal and external partners to insure high quality information is available.
* Acts as host or co-host with Director of Athletic Communication at home events.
* Resolves issues, manages logistics and provides necessary support for successful events.
* Writes press releases and game stories for all athletic-related matters
* Takes primary responsibility for sports information needs of assigned sports.
* Researches, prepares and sends out hometown stories on incoming recruits who have committed to Augustana.
* Serves as chief researcher for matters of interest related to the athletic department.
*Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Skills & Experience:
Ability to craft coherent documents that best represent the image and scope of Augustana in general and the athletic department in particular.
Computer skills that include knowledge of Microsoft products, Photoshop, In Design, Web-based programs and Statcrew. An interest in learning new programs is a must.
Punctuality, reliability and loyalty.
Must be adaptable to work with myriad personalities and egos.
Knowledge of athletics and an interest in learning about new sports.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, write, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Founded in 1860, Augustana College is a selective four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences. Augustana is recognized for the innovative program Augie Choice, which provides each student up to $2,000 to pursue a high-impact learning experience such as study abroad, an internship or research with a professor. Current students and alumni include 175 Academic All-Americans, a Nobel laureate, 13 college presidents and other distinguished leaders. The college enrolls 2,500 students and is located along one of the world's most important waterways, the Mississippi River, in a community that reflects the diversity of the United States.