Administer a comprehensive sports medicine program for intercollegiate sports; sport assignments to be determined by Asst AD Sports Medicine. The Athletic Trainer will also perform professional and administrative services as assigned (continuing education/injury tracking, policies & procedures/inventory, insurance claims/athletic training student scheduling etc.) essential for the successful implementation and development of the program.
- - Essential Duties and Responsibilities - -
- Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
- Understand and agree to abide by the NATA Code of Ethics and the BOC Standards of Professional Practice.
- Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
- Develop overall sports medicine program for the University, including injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs, and counseling for student-athletes.
- Educate athletes on basic fitness, nutrition, and conditioning programs for student athletes.
- Provide athletic training services for the University’s athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices, home and away competitions, as necessary. - Remain flexible and positive regarding changes in schedules due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medicine program.
- Administers first aid to injured athletes as needed.
- Ability to perform prophylactic and protective taping and bracing techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with the use of a variety of modalities.
- Supervises safety factors of athletic competition by ensuring elimination of undue hazards.
- Regularly checks rehabilitation equipment.
- Reviews all daily logs, evaluations and/or other pertinent paperwork.
- Medical coverage of post-season playoff games and tournaments.
- Certified in CPR and strong knowledge of emergency medical procedures.
- Collects and files physical forms for every athlete according to NCAA Sports Medicine Policy and Procedures.
- Coordinate and administer institutional drug testing according to policy and facilitate NCAA year-round drug testing program in coordination with Drug Free Sport personnel.
- Acts as liaison between athletes, physicians, and health insurance companies.
- Maintain up-to-date information of sport regulations, rule changes and NCAA policies.
- Report any compliance issues regarding countable athletically related activities (CARA) or student-athlete welfare.
- Ensure the physical, emotional and social welfare of student-athletes.
- Establish a safe environment for student-athletes.
- - Supervisory Responsibilities - -
This position could be responsible to be an Approved Clinical Instructor to Athletic Training students in an Entry Level Master’s Program.
- - Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities - -
- Ability to evaluate therapeutic needs for student-athletes, and to fit and modify therapeutic and/or protective equipment.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Skill in the use of first aid procedures.
- Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to design and implement fitness, nutrition and/or conditioning programs.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Able to be a positive representative of the University at all times.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to travel, including domestic/international air travel, and work nights/weekends/holidays.
* Are you a Christian?
* Do you attend church regularly?
If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
* Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated June 14, 2000?
We are committed to the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
We are committed to academically preparing each student-athlete.
We are committed to equipping each student-athlete to serve.
We are committed to competing for conference and national championships.
Committed to the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)
California Baptist University seeks to provide students with the opportunity to be Biblically rooted, academically prepared, globally minded and equipped to serve. The mission of the University and Athletic Department are consistent with developing student-athletes who demonstrate the CBU motto to "live their purpose."
Our goals reflect a philosophy of excellence both in the classroom and in athletic competition. We strive to win championships while being consistent in developing Christian leaders, sportsmanship, and maintaining a high graduation rate. We will also strive to cultivate school spirit and a culture of pride for the Riverside community.CBU strives to help students understand and engage this purpose by providing a Christ-centered educational experience that integrates academics with spiritual and social development oppor...tunities. Graduates are challenged to become individuals whose skills, integrity and sense of purpose glorify God and distinguish them in the workplace and in the world.
California Baptist University is one of the top private Christian colleges and universities in Southern California. CBU offers associate's, bachelor's, master's, doctoral and credential programs in Riverside, San Bernardino and online.