- Comply with and uphold the Mission Statement of the Athletic Training Department at California Baptist University. Athletic Training Mission Statement: The objective of the Athletic Training Clinic is to provide the highest level of service to the student-athletes at California Baptist University. This includes the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries, as well as helping to direct the nutritional, physiological, and psychological needs of the student-athlete. The care the Athletic Training Staff provides will be delivered with objectivity and a conscientious blend of concern for the healing of the athlete’s body, mind, and spirit.
- - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - -
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department. Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
- Serve on Athletics Department Leadership Team. As well as other University committees, or task forces as assigned.
- Administration of the sports medicine program for all 21 sports, including maintaining the program budget, and policies and procedures.
- Primary athletic trainer, including travel, for at least two sports; plus one non-travel sport.
- Responsible for scheduling camp coverage.
- Ensure compliance with provisions of the applicable national collegiate athletic association, OSHA and HIPPA.
- Maintain up-to-date information of rule changes and NCAA policies. Report any compliance issues regarding countable athletically related activities (CARA) or student-athlete welfare.
- Ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes. Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes.
- Serve as an Accredited Clinical Instructor for the entry level Graduate Athletic Training Education Program at California Baptist University.
- Administer first aid to injured athletes as needed. Ability to perform prophylactic and protective taping and bracing techniques. Knowledge and experience with the use of a variety of modalities.
- Regularly checks rehabilitation equipment. Reviews all daily logs, evaluations, and/or other pertinent paperwork.
- Coordinate and administer institutional drug testing according to institutional and NCAA policy.
- -Supervisory Responsibilities - -
- Directly supervises other staff within the Athletic Training Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- - Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities - -
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to travel, including domestic/international air travel, and work nights/weekends/holidays.
* Are you a Christian?
* Do you attend church regularly?
If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
* Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated June 14, 2000?
We are committed to the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
We are committed to academically preparing each student-athlete.
We are committed to equipping each student-athlete to serve.
We are committed to competing for conference and national championships.
Committed to the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)
California Baptist University seeks to provide students with the opportunity to be Biblically rooted, academically prepared, globally minded and equipped to serve. The mission of the University and Athletic Department are consistent with developing student-athletes who demonstrate the CBU motto to "live their purpose."
Our goals reflect a philosophy of excellence both in the classroom and in athletic competition. We strive to win championships while being consistent in developing Christian leaders, sportsmanship, and maintaining a high graduation rate. We will also strive to cultivate school spirit and a culture of pride for the Riverside community.CBU strives to help students understand and engage this purpose by providing a Christ-centered educational experience that integrates academics with spiritual and social development oppor...tunities. Graduates are challenged to become individuals whose skills, integrity and sense of purpose glorify God and distinguish them in the workplace and in the world.
California Baptist University is one of the top private Christian colleges and universities in Southern California. CBU offers associate's, bachelor's, master's, doctoral and credential programs in Riverside, San Bernardino and online.