Position includes full graduate level tuition waiver, housing and meals. No stipend available. Internationals are welcome.
4 Year Degree
William Woods University seeks a Graduate Assistant for Men's Soccer. The duties of the Graduate Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach, will be to assist the Head Men’s Soccer Coach in all areas of the operations of the Men’s Soccer program and is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by William Woods University, the American Midwest Conference (AMC) and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
The term of this job description is during the academic year as outlined by William Woods University. However, room and tuition continue year-round.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assisting in all aspects of the coaching and management of the men’s soccer program
• Recruiting and scouting in accordance with the NAIA, AMC and William Woods University policies and procedures
• Train and coach members of the men’s soccer program
•Assist with Academic Oversight and Support of men’s soccer student-athletes
• Visible, fully integrated member of the University community
• Assist in developing and executing camps and clinics
• Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations of the NAIA as it relates to the program
• Represent William Woods University and the program in a professional manner
Responsible for being a proponent of the NAIA Champions of Character Program
Assist with strength & conditioning, social media, or other duties as required to execute administration of intercollegiate men's soccer program.
• Selected individual must maintain consistent office hours as agreed upon by the Head Men’s Soccer Coach and selected individual
• Selected individual is expected to keep an accurate accounting of all statistical data required by the Head Men’s Soccer Coach. This includes game day statistics and training statistics.
• Selected individual will assist in the tracking and maintenance of all equipment.
• Selected individual will be responsible for pre-game activities to include coordination of transportation, accommodation, and/or food.
• Selected individual will be responsible (and assisted by team managers) for game day activities to include setup and breakdown of equipment and gear
• Selected individual may be called upon for community service, fundraising activities or team study tables, to include planning, coordination of, implementation of, and supervision
Must have a undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
Must maintain graduate level course load.
Must pass the University's defensive driving course
Must back criminal background check.
Position starts August 1, 2023.
Email Letter of Interest, Resume & Three References to Tommy Nienhaus, Head Men's Soccer Coach at email@example.com
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993. Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs. With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system. William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer