Location: Fort Worth , Texas
Operations - Academic Support
• Full tuition
• Required course materials
• Monthly room and board stipend
4 Year Degree
2 openings available.
Important Note: There are two graduate assistantship openings. One will work with our Learning Specialist Team, and the other will work with our Academic Advisors.
Learning Specialist GA
• Develop individualized academic plans to provide compensatory strategies and support student-athletes towards becoming independent learners.
• Work one-on-one with student-athletes to build fundamental academic skills using direct instruction methods & appropriate learning strategies
• Provide leadership & assist with oversight of programming for the tutors and academic coaches
• Work with the Strategic Learning Team to create learning resources & programs that promote student-athlete engagement, accountability, and academic success
• Assist with recruitment, hiring, onboarding, development and evaluation of tutors and academic coaches
Academic Advisor GA
Assist student-athletes with the transition to college-level work
• Review and interpret standardized test scores, unofficial transcripts, and course prerequisites
• Work one-on-one with student-athletes within a structured program for academic support
• Facilitate student-athlete understanding and independence in time management, note taking, and written and oral communication skills
• Prepare semester summaries, advisement summaries, weekly academic reports, student records, degree audits, individual education plans, presentation materials, registration forms and drop/add forms
Compensation: • Full tuition • Required course materials • Monthly room and board stipend
This is a two-year appointment with the expectation of graduation. Please submit cover letter and professional resume with three references to email@example.com
Interview appointments will be scheduled for late March 2023.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university Must be accepted or in the process of being accepted into a TCU Graduate Program Must consent to a background check Outstanding communication skills both oral and written, including skill in writing memos/reports Demonstrate ability to exercise sound judgment and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and accordance to FERPA guidelines A strong desire to work in the field of Academic Support for Student-Athletes
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
NOTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE WITH NCAA REGULATIONS: This job description includes the expectation of compliance with NCAA regulations. An institutional staff member who is found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations.
Connections working at TCU
Return to Search Results