Budget title: Instructional Support Assistant (SL-1)
Binghamton University, a NCAA Division I institution and member of the America East Conference, is seeking an Athletics Support Systems Assistant. As a member of the Equipment Room staff, the Athletics Support Systems Assistant will assist with all aspects of managing and coordinating the apparel and equipment needs for all 21 varsity athletic programs.
- Assist with the equipment room daily operations including laundering and redistribution of apparel, towels, and uniforms
- Completion and maintenance of inventories
- Assist in the coordination of the Athletic Department shipping and receiving program
- All aspects of the management of the student workforce
- Utilize software and online tools for communication and compliance with NYS, Binghamton University, NCAA, and departmental policies and procedures Additional responsibilities:
- Recommending improvements to the Equipment Room operation plan
- Participation in other managerial activities such as problem identification, decision-making to effectively mitigate issues, and improve the efficiency of the overall operation
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Must demonstrate strong communication skills
Ability to act with initiative
Ability to work effectively with staff, faculty, and other members of the University community
Ability to work evenings, weekends and travel may be required
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.