This position is part of the Broncos Empowered team which will serve as the official Student-Athlete, Staff, Coach and Community Development department within athletics.
Works collaboratively with coaches, support staff, alumni and the University's community to assist in the execution of Broncos Empowered, a program focused on student-athlete holistic development, community engagement and professional development of staff and coaches.
• Assist Broncos Empowered Team with logistics of event planning & programming; including the scheduling of facilities, food, speakers and contact with outside vendors
• Maintain and assist with the logistics of the Bronco Empowered Databases which include; Bronco Athlete Network (Mentorship), W-Club (Alumni), Prospective Employer, and Helper Helper (Community Service)
• Create and analyze all Broncos Empowered program feedback forms
• Support career programming as well as community service and outreach initiatives
• Manage social media and develop graphics/marketing material for all Broncos Empowered programming; including monthly newsletters
• Assist in all other Broncos Empowered areas as needed
Position will start at the beginning of the Fall 2023 Semester.
Ability to interact effectively with coaches, administrators, and student-athletes
Strong organizational, management, and leadership skills
Proficient computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and social media
Proven ability to multi-task effectively
Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
Available to work flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
Bachelor’s Degree required
Candidates will need to be accepted to a graduate program within the University
If interested in applying, please email your Cover Letter, 3 Professional References and Resume to the Director of Broncos Empowered Daevon Vigilant at email@example.com.
Western Michigan University is a learner-centered, research university, building intellectual inquiry and discovery into undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in a way that fosters knowledge and innovation, and transforms wisdom into action. As a public university, WMU provides leadership in teaching, research, learning, and service, and is committed to enhancing the future of our global citizenry. Nationally and internationally recognized, the University aspires to distinguish itself as learner-centered, discovery-driven, and globally engaged. The synergy of these three pillars enables WMU to be a premier and distinctive university of choice. Western Michigan University offers all students a learning community designed for and dedicated to their success. We are committed to access and affordability, and sustaining an environment in which every student can meet the world head-on and triumph.WMU has more than 250,000 alumni worldwide, living in all 50 U.S. states and some 140 other countries. Of the University's total alumni, about 73 percent —183,831—reside in America and about 51 percent—128,887—reside in Michigan.•The University has a diverse student body, with minor...ity groups making up 23 percent, graduate students 21 percent and international students 8 percent.•Despite its size and complexity, WMU has a 17-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio, two-thirds of undergraduate classes have 30 or fewer students, and undergraduates have ample opportunities to work closely with faculty researchers and artists.•Within three months of graduation, 91 percent of alumni are employed, engaged in military service or full-time volunteer work, or continuing their education; 88 percent are satisfied with their jobs; and 85 percent have jobs related to their degree.•Ranked No. 1 among Top U.S. Sales Schools by Study.com, the sales and business marketing program is one of just a handful of majors focusing on both selling and sales leadership and since 2007 has been recognized by the Sales Education Foundation as being one of the Top University Sales Programs.•National researcher Gartner lists the integrated supply management program among the nation's 10 leading supply chain undergraduate programs and has done so for the past three years.•WMU has the world’s oldest, largest and premiere blindness and low vision studies program of its kind in the world.•The Haworth College of Business is among an elite group of fewer than 5 percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business as well as among the select 1 percent that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics adds to the vitality of campus life. WMU is committed to gender equity and is an NCAA Division I school in the Mid-American Conference (Football Bowl Subdivision) and National Collegiate Hockey Conference.•By posting the league's best overall GPA for the academic year, the 398 student-athletes in WMU's 15 Mid-American Conference sports brought home the 2016-17 MAC Institutional Academic Achievement Award.•WMU's male student-athletes have had the highest overall GPA in the Mid-American Conference five times, capturing the MAC's academic achievement award for men more often than any other school in the league.
In an effort to better define and measure what comprehensive excellence and the holistic development of Bronco Student-Athletes, Western Michigan Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Director of Athletics Dan Bartholomae have unveiled Broncos REIGN: WMU Athletics’ Strategic Plan.
REIGN is the acronym for WMU’s mission and stands for Reign as champions; Empower those we serve; Inspire community; Grow leaders, and Navigate and adapt.
THE VISION: We will distinguish ourselves through COMPREHENSIVE EXCELLENCE enhancing the BRONCO LEGACY.
THOSE IT WILL SERVE: Bronco Student-Athletes: We will lead the country in the holistic development of our athletes. Bronco Fans, Alums, and Supporters: We will serve as collaborative and transparent partners with high-quality connections and energizing events. Bronco Staff and Coaches: We will create a welcoming and inclusive environment that supports personal and professional growth.
Broncos Reign took the values and priorities of the department and developed them into six strategic goals:
1) The Bronco Experience - Student-Athlete Holistic Development: We will be recognized as a national leader in the holistic development of our student-athletes.
2) The Winner’s Circle - Competitive Success/Championship Culture: We will annually compete at the top of our conferences, win championships and strive for national recognition in our sports programs.
3) Raising the Stakes - Aggressive Revenue Generation: We will develop and maximize sustainable resources to provide stable financial streams that lead our conferences.
4) Broncos United - Diversity Equity & Inclusion: We will be the front runner that drives our campus and conference standards for a welcoming, diverse and inclusive environment.
5) The Stables – Facilities: We will invest in facilities that enhance the student-athlete experience, provide events that are unique and memorable for our fans and compare favorably to our peers.
6) The Power of the Heard - Community Engagement: We will harness the power of our brand through strategic partnerships with our campus, community, the state of Michigan and Broncos worldwide.