Gazelle Group is seeking a creative and passionate Social Media Coordinator to communicate and engage with college basketball fans, college basketball media, and the global sporting marketplace to generate brand awareness, build brand affinity, fuel fan engagement, and drive ticket sales. The Social Media Coordinator will oversee all of Gazelle’s social media platforms and be responsible for formulating and executing a strategy to grow the fan bases with entertaining and informative content.
As a successful Social Media Coordinator, your primary responsibilities are to create and execute creative content, oversee and execute social media strategy, and to assist in the overall marketing approach.
•Develop the social media strategy, creation and execution for all event social accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.).
•Build and maintain weekly and monthly content calendar for all event social media channels to ensure promotion of appropriate event and team related content, marketing efforts, promotions, and sponsorship activations.
•Use innovative thinking to introduce and pitch new creative concepts to increase social media growth and fan engagement across digital platforms.
•Work with the marketing team to build and execute a top-notch social media strategy that aligns with overarching business and brand objectives.
•Develop promotional ideas and content for existing and prospective sponsors.
•Continue to stay up to date with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field, including the latest social media trends.
•Assist with the creation of original graphics.
•Track, analyze, and optimize social media performance.
• 1-2 years of experience developing and executing social media campaigns
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, or related field
• Technical knowledge and understanding of Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, TikTok, Facebook, and other emerging social media platforms
• Design skills and working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is a plus
• Have the ability to clearly execute creative direction, bring new ideas to the team, and thrive in a highly collaborative environment
• Must have strong desire to succeed, relentless work ethic, integrity, willingness to learn new skills, and receive constructive feedback
• High level of organization, professionalism, and attention to detail
• Can think creatively and strategically
• Strong writing, grammar, and communication skills
The Gazelle Group is a sports marketing firm, specializing in event production and management, client representation, and sponsorship consulting. In addition to the Holiday Face-Off, Gazelle produces numerous nationally-recognized college basketball events, such as the Empire Classic benefiting Wounded Warrior Project, the Legends Classic, the Gotham Classic, the Sunshine Slam, the Kwik Trip Holiday Face-Off and the College Basketball Invitational.