In accordance with all NCAA, conference, and university policies the position of Promotions Manager is responsible for developing marketing and promotional plans for all sports to grow awareness, as well as entertain fans and increase attendance. The position executes on-field/court promotions with a student focus, creates content for social media to grow impressions and engagement, works as a liaison with student spirit organizations, student government association and the student involvement center.
*Develops marketing and promotional plans to grow awareness, entertain fans and increase attendance.
*Creates content for social media to increase impressions and engagement to grow the Billiken Athletics brand.
*Executes on-field/court promotions with a student focus.
* Works as a liaison with student spirit organizations, student government association and the student involvement center.
* Manages the Billiken Kids Club to grow membership and increase group sales
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*Proven ability to work independently, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner
* Excellent communication and decision making skills required for working with diverse groups
* Strong written communication skills; excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
* Demonstrated appreciation for diversity and inclusion
* Knowledge of Division I NCAA rules and regulations
* Interpersonal/human relations skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with social media management and content creation
Minimum Qualifications –An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.) Bachelor’s degree required supplemented with one (1) year of related experience.
Saint Louis University sponsors 16 sports in NCAA Division I and is a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference. The mission of the department of athletics is to provide a program of intercollegiate athletics that fosters and supports a positive educational and athletic experience, not only for student-athletes, but also for the entire Saint Louis University community. The athletic program is guided by the highest standards and ideals of integrity, sportsmanship, ethical conduct, equitable opportunities for all students and staff, including women and minorities, academic excellence and athletics achievement. The intercollegiate athletics program strives to develop the whole person (body, mind and spirit) in accord with the Jesuit Catholic mission of Saint Louis University.