Augustana College is reopening its search for a Head Men's Soccer Coach. Interested applicants should submit the requested materials in a timely manner for consideration.
The Head Men's Soccer Coach is responsible for the overall management of the program including coaching, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, scheduling and budget management, equipment ordering, viable fundraising, public relations and other duties as assigned.
* Responsible for creating an overall positive and successful environment for the student-athletes of the men's soccer program.
* Provide oversight and evaluation of the daily progress of the team including strength training, conditioning, and student-athlete academic, personal and athletic development.
* Plan, conduct and evaluate practice activities for men's soccer team members.
* Provide group and individual assistance in a manner that engages the athletes and builds commitment to the program.
* Work collaboratively with other members of the Augustana staff to integrate efforts and create program success.
* Assist other staff members with activities as needed to reach the overall goals of the Augustana athletic department.
* Meet with prospective students and their family members both on campus and at remote locations as possible.
* Provide advice and counsel on the admissions process, the Augustana experience and the integral role of the student-athlete in overall campus life.
* Hire and oversee part-time coaching assistants and student workers as needed to assist with the program and competition-related activities.
* Provide feedback--both positive and negative--on work products and outcomes.
* Order equipment and supplies and manage operating budget for the program.
* Complete auxiliary assignments including teaching physical education activity classes during the academic year.
* Actively participate in department and college-wide meetings and events, and adapt work as required to meet overall campus goals.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Three or more years of previous coaching experience required, preferably at the collegiate level. * Previous head coaching experience preferred.
Founded in 1860, Augustana College is a selective four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences. Augustana is recognized for the innovative program Augie Choice, which provides each student up to $2,000 to pursue a high-impact learning experience such as study abroad, an internship or research with a professor. Current students and alumni include 175 Academic All-Americans, a Nobel laureate, 13 college presidents and other distinguished leaders. The college enrolls 2,500 students and is located along one of the world's most important waterways, the Mississippi River, in a community that reflects the diversity of the United States.