The primary function of this position is to serve as Head Coach of the Women’s Soccer team at Lock Haven University. This position is responsible for the management, development, and implementation of all aspects of a Division II women’s soccer program including but not limited to: budgeting, fundraising, planning, evaluating, organizing, scheduling, recruiting, skill instruction, student-athlete & staff development, academic support, and game plan development.
Essential Duties: Develop a competitive NCAA Division II Women’s Soccer program in a manner consistent with the philosophy, core values, and guidelines of NCAA Division II, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) and Lock Haven University.
Demonstrate compliance with all NCAA Division II and PSAC rules; including timely submission of all compliance forms, adherence to all compliance policies and procedures, and attendance of mandatory NCAA rules education sessions. Coaches will be held accountable for all NCAA Division II rules compliance, and compliance will be part of the yearly evaluation process.
Fundraise, market, and promote Women’s Soccer in an effort to increase local and regional exposure of LHU and LHU Women’s soccer.
Work in conjunction with Athletic Administration and the LHU Advancement Office to develop a fundraising strategy to enhance the Women’s Soccer program.
Provide leadership for the establishment of team rules, strategic vision, playing philosophy, development of student-athletes and staff, game plan development, training strategy, recruiting strategy, budget management, non-conference scheduling, and academic performance.
Develop and Coordinate Women’s Soccer summer camps, clinics and tournaments annually.
Ability to demonstrate soccer skill instruction.
Specific Duties: * Function in day-to-day operations under the supervision of the Director of Athletics.
* Responsible for developing, planning, administering, and evaluating all aspects of the Women’s Soccer program.
* Follow University policy to request, secure, develop, and evaluate a Graduate Assistant (GA) to assist with the overall operation and development of the program.
* Schedule and supervise team and individual practices and assign graduate assistant duties as appropriate.
* Evaluate program according to the developed objectives and conduct team and individual training as necessary.
* Plan and direct training regimen and skill development of team and individuals.
* Attend and coach team at practice sessions and in competition.
* Develop and administer appropriate team budgets in accordance with University fiscal policies and procedures and in consultation with the Director of Athletics.
* Collaborate with appropriate athletic staff to organize, promote and conduct competitions and special events.
* Responsible for the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
* Monitor academic performance and progress of Women’s Soccer student-athletes.
* Attend all appropriate Athletic Department meetings as scheduled during the year.
* Participate with the Women’s Soccer team in community service activities/engagement once a semester.
* Ensure the Health and Safety of student-athletes and staff.
* Perform other duties related to the program as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Three years of successful college soccer coaching experience.
Knowledge of NCAA rules.
Budget management experience.
Fundraising and alumni cultivation experience.
Effective organization/administrative skills and computer knowledge.
Demonstrated effectiveness in recruiting.
Strong interpersonal skills communicating with student-athletes, campus faculty, staff, alumni, University supporters and the public.
Preference will be given to candidates with a tenure of successful head collegiate soccer coaching experience – preferably at an NCAA institution.