- Western Michigan University offers generous benefits to its employees including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement, and tuition discount for the employee and tuition remission for eligible dependents. To access information about the specific benefits available for this position, GO TO: https://www.wmich.edu/hr/enrollment-staff
- Staff Compensation System pay grades and rates are available using the URL below:
Internal Number: 0606450
- Provides comprehensive healthcare to student-athletes.
- Provides comprehensive healthcare to student-athletes, including evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to return athletes to a competitive performance level.
- Provides medical supervision, coverage and health care to assigned sports. Evaluates injuries and implements appropriate treatment and rehabilitation programs.
- Performs administrative duties, including inventory monitoring, organizing preparticipation physicals, maintenance of medical records and supervision of stock room.
- Coordinates athletic trainers to cover sport camps. Manages time sheets, payroll and insurance claims generated by sport camps. Updates summer camp medical services policies and procedures manual.
- Coordinates and administers the drug testing program.
- Trains and supervises athletic training staff, including interns, graduate assistants and students. Resolves personnel and operational issues.
- May evaluate student-athlete and NCAA compliance issues.
- Master's degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- One year's relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATA BOC).
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- American Red Cross Training Instructor certification or ability to obtain certification within a probationary period.
- Michigan Athletic Training License or ability to obtain licensure by hire date.
- Ability to work irregular shifts and extended hours, including weekends and holidays.
We are looking for immediate hire. Please apply by September 25.
Western Michigan University is a learner-centered, research university, building intellectual inquiry and discovery into undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in a way that fosters knowledge and innovation, and transforms wisdom into action. As a public university, WMU provides leadership in teaching, research, learning, and service, and is committed to enhancing the future of our global citizenry.Nationally and internationally recognized, the University aspires to distinguish itself as learner centered, discovery driven, and globally engaged.The synergy of these three pillars enables WMU to be a premier and distinctive university of choice. Western Michigan University offers all students a learning community designed for and dedicated to their success. We are committed to access and affordability, and sustaining an environment in which every student can meet the world head-on and triumph.WMU has more than 250,000 alumni worldwide, living in all 50 U.S. states and some 140 other countries. Of the University's total alumni, about 73 percent —183,831—reside in America and about 51 percent—128,887—reside in Michigan.•The University has a diverse student body, with minorit...y groups making up 23 percent, graduate students 21 percent and international students 8 percent.•Despite its size and complexity, WMU has a 17-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio, two-thirds of undergraduate classes have 30 or fewer students, and undergraduates have ample opportunities to work closely with faculty researchers and artists.•Within three months of graduation, 91 percent of alumni are employed, engaged in military service or full-time volunteer work, or continuing their education; 88 percent are satisfied with their jobs; and 85 percent have jobs related to their degree.•Ranked No. 1 among Top U.S. Sales Schools by Study.com, the sales and business marketing program is one of just a handful of majors focusing on both selling and sales leadership and since 2007 has been recognized by the Sales Education Foundation as being one of the Top University Sales Programs.•National researcher Gartner lists the integrated supply management program among the nation's 10 leading supply chain undergraduate programs and has done so for the past three years.•WMU has the world’s oldest, largest and premiere blindness and low vision studies program of its kind in the world.•The Haworth College of Business is among an elite group of fewer than 5 percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business as well as among the select 1 percent that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics adds to the vitality of campus life. WMU is committed to gender equity and is an NCAA Division I school in the Mid-American Conference (Football Bowl Subdivision) and National Collegiate Hockey Conference.•By posting the league's best overall GPA for the academic year, the 398 student-athletes in WMU's 15 Mid-American Conference sports brought home the 2016-17 MAC Institutional Academic Achievement Award.•WMU's male student-athletes have had the highest overall GPA in the Mid-American Conference five times, capturing the MAC's academic achievement award for men more often than any other school in the league.