The successful candidate may live in campus housing at no cost. Single coverage health/dental insurance will be paid by the College.
4 Year Degree
This position assists in the coordination of the HCC Women's Basketball team by performing all duties assigned by the Head Coach and Athletic Director to the best of their ability and in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Attend and take part in the in-service training provided by the Head Coach.
2. Be familiar with and follow the policies of Highland Community College, the NJCAA, and the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference.
3. Assist the Head Coach with players' pre- and post-season conditioning program.
4. Assist the Head Coach with recruiting activities.
5. Attend all practices and home and away contests in the Women's Basketball Program.
6. Teach sportsmanship and set an example of good moral and physical behavior.
7. Teach fundamentals, techniques, etc., as directed by the Head Coach.
8. Assume responsibility of assisting the head coach, under his/her supervision, in performing assigned responsibilities.
9. Assist the Head Coach with driving responsibilities to away contests/recruiting trips.
10. Be loyal to and supportive the Head Coach and his/her program.
11. Participate in and be supportive of the rules, mission, and initiatives of the HCC Athletic Department and Athletic Director.
Related experience and/or training desired.
Must have a valid drivers license and a good driving record with no major infractions in the past five years.