Norfolk State University, a NCAA Division I institution, is seeking applicants for the Director of Compliance. The position will report to the Associate Athletics Director for Administration. This position is responsible for assisting with the administration of a comprehensive compliance program that includes rules education, monitoring, reporting, and general support of the compliance efforts of all student-athletes, staff, and external constituents. The duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Directing the day to day operations of the compliance office
- Coordinating National Letter of Intent program
- Rules education and interpretations for coaches, student-athletes, faculty and staff
- Assisting with writing and processing of appropriate legislation waivers to the NCAA and or MEAC office
- Investigating, processing and submitting violation reports
- Monitoring NCAA eligibility center.
- Serving as liaison for various departments across campus (Registrar, admission, financial aid).
- Serves as primary liaison for institutional name/image/likeness program to ensure adherence to NCAA regulations and state law.
- Assists the associate athletics director for compliance in developing and implementing athletics compliance policies and procedures.
- Researches NCAA rules and provides coaches and staff with interpretations as directed/assigned by the associate athletics director for compliance or their designee.
EEO STATEMENT NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
1. Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree
2. Minimum two years’ experience working in compliance
3. Excellent oral and written communication
4. Knowledge of NCAA rules regulations
5. Higher education/Collegiate experience
1. 5 Years Preferred Experience
2. Experience with TeamWorks
3. Experience working in a Division I athletics program
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.