Job No: 496916 Position Type: full-time Location: Lewisburg, PA Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Assistant Football Coach is responsible for on-field coaching and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I Football program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference.
The Assistant Football Coach will provide experience and expertise that contributes to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
Job Duties: 1. Lead, monitor, and coordinate training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Assist and perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings. Position group coaching responsibility - Tight Ends.
2. Assists with daily operations and overall administration of the football program.
3. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
4. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the Head Coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the Head Coach and with appropriate departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate, and assess for a specific geographical area or position group.
5. Monitor student-athlete academic progress. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of students.
6. Work closely with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance, and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
7. Work closely with the athletic training staff to insure the safety of all student-athletes.
8. Participate in departmental activities as feasible.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics.
10. Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty and the general public.
Minimum Qualifications: 1. Bachelor's degree 2. Two years of coaching experience 3. Maintain an up-to-date CPR and First Aid certification 4. Valid US drivers license
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Playing and/or collegiate coaching experience working with Tight Ends/Offense 2. Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives
Physical Demands: 1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. 2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Work Type: This is a full-time, 10-month, exempt, benefits eligible position.