The 204-acre campus of the College of Staten Island (CSI) has outstanding athletics and recreational facilities including a 77,000 square-foot Sports & Recreation Center with a gymnasium, swimming pool, fitness center; squash and racquetball courts, tennis courts, basketball courts; and track, baseball, softball, and soccer fields. CSI offers athletic and recreational programs for a student population of approximately 14,000, the faculty and staff, and the larger community who use the facilities.
In the Intercollegiate program, CSI is a member of the NCAA Division II’s East Coast Conference. The ECC currently sponsors 19 sports: Men's & Women's Soccer, Men's & Women's Basketball, Men's & Women's Tennis, Men's & Women's Lacrosse, Men's & Women's Cross-Country, Men's & Women's Indoor & Outdoor Track & Field, Baseball, Softball, Women's Bowling, Women's Volleyball, and coed Esports. CSI's affiliation with swimming will be with the Metropolitan Swimming Conference, which boasts swimming programs from all three NCAA Divisions.
The Student Athletics Director has full responsibility for the Sports & Recreation Center and its facilities, providing leadership and direction for the intercollegiate athletic programs, intramural programs, and sports and recreation program. The Director implements self-supporting, community-based programs and manages the budget, schedule, recruitment, and compliance with NCAA policies including supervision of staff and coaches.
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
Master's degree or Doctorate in a sports/athletics related field preferred. Demonstrated success in managing a major sports area of a college or university with significant experience in the creation and direction of a financially self-supported operation preferred. Demonstrated commitment to men's and women's intercollegiate programs, with particular sensitivity to and understanding of gender equity issues; commitment to the role of recreation, athletics, and intramurals at a large, urban commuter campus also preferred. Effective written and oral communication skills, the ability to work with all constituencies for the good of the institution, and knowledge of NCAA rules, regulations, and compliance for Division II highly desirable.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides administrative direction and oversight for intercollegiate, intramural and recreational athletics staff, programs, facilities and activities.
- Provides oversight for all athletics programs, facilities, and equipment
- Ensures compliance with federal, divisional and university athletics regulations
- Administers departmental funds and accounts in a fiscally responsible manner
- Collaborates with other College departments on recruiting and retaining student athletes
- Collaborates with College communications professionals and the media on publicity and reporting of athletic events and results
- Manages full- and part-time athletics staff
- Plans, implements, and promotes intercollegiate, intramural, and recreational athletic programs including varsity sports, intramural program, a range of credit and non-credit recreational programs
- Establish and maintain appropriate policies and standards for teams and recreational groups
- Collect and analyze departmental statistics and data and prepare and distribute reports as appropriate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit http://cuny.jobs/ and enter the Job ID# in the “What” section field. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references (Professional or Personal) as one file.