Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers - All Subjects
Success Academy Charter Schools
Location: New York, New York
Outdoor Recreation/Experiential Education
If you graduated or will be graduating college with a bachelor's degree between 2021 - 2022 we encourage you to apply.
We are hiring for the current school year through January 14, 2022 and we are hiring for next school year with a July 2022 hire date.
The best place to launch your career!
Success Academy is seeking candidates from all majors and backgrounds who are looking for a career where they can make a big social impact while gaining valuable skills and opportunities for professional growth. A degree in education is not required to teach at SA: You receive training, development, mentorship, and coaching from the moment you start so you can quickly grow your skills while working closely with a team of smart, committed colleagues. Equipped with cutting-edge technology, abundant supplies, and an innovative curriculum — you’ll be empowered to drive tremendous growth in your students in a workplace that is collaborative and fun!
In this role, you will:
- Share your passion for science, math, literature, and/or history with your students while continuously deepening your knowledge of the subject/s you teach.
- Develop strong, meaningful relationships with students and families that engage and invest them in learning at school and at home.
- Bring to life an inclusive, inquiry-based curriculum that inspires your students’ curiosity, reinforces their joy of learning, and empowers them intellectually and emotionally.
- Analyze student work and assessment data to inform how you teach each day in service of your students’ growth and achievement.
- View challenges as an opportunity for creative problem-solving and a springboard for growth.
We invite you to apply if you:
- Will have received your bachelor’s degree by your first date of employment with Success Academy.
- Have an outstanding academic record.
- Set ambitious goals for yourself and others, and are not afraid of the hard work it takes to achieve them.
- Have confidence and presence — you enjoy taking the lead and inspiring others with your passion and commitment.
- Enjoy collaborating with others (i.e., playing on an athletics team, or in a band or orchestra).
- Have leadership experience (i.e., leadership position in a club or on a team; experience overseeing/managing people, organizing activities, or working with a group of children or teenagers).
- Have an eye for detail, and experience juggling multiple responsibilities and planning around competing priorities.
About Success Academy Charter Schools
Success Academy is a high-achieving, leading-edge network of 47 public charter schools serving 21,000 students in grades K-12 throughout New York City. We set out to tackle this country’s public education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, our acclaimed network of 47 public schools outperforms every district in New York State and is a national model for academic excellence, opportunity, and equity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.
Success Academy is redefining what’s possible in public education. Our dual mission is to: Build exceptional, world-class public schools that prove that all children from all backgrounds can succeed in college and life; and serve as a catalyst and national model for education reform and help change public policies that prevent so many children from having access to opportunity.