Assistant Director of Multimedia & Production University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Assistant Director of Multimedia & Production is responsible for assisting the Director of Multimedia & Production in creating content and producing live events on behalf of the University’s 16-team Division I intercollegiate athletics program.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assist the Director in producing broadcasts for all home events on ESPN+, NESN, CBS and AmericaEast.TV. Production levels should be at highest level in the conference and among regional competitors.
2. Produce features on student-athletes and coaches, as well as hype videos for all sports as necessary
3. Help compile game highlights and build video archive of key players through original shooting at games.
4. Produce social content and content for special events to spread brand awareness of UMass Lowell Athletics
5. Assist the Director in overseeing student, intern and freelance staff on gamedays and in the office
6. Assist the Director in maintaining partnerships with school departments and partners to cultivate brand recognition.
7. Travel with teams as necessary to provide video coverage of select events, including regular-season and post-season contests
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
-Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
-Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
-Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties:
-Performs other related duties as assigned.
Working Conditions: •Nights and weekends are required
•Attendance at campus events is expected
•Requires some travel, including overnight stays
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
•Bachelor’s Degree Required
•One to two years working in a video production landscape in a Division I collegiate athletics environment
•Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
•Ability to multi-task and work within a team environment
•Working knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations and procedures
•High-level video editing, experience with Adobe Premiere/Final Cut; Adobe After Effects/Photoshop is preferred
•Experience working effectively in diverse environments
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting.
All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P14.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.