The Department of Athletics at Kutztown University seeks applications for the position of a part-time Assistant Track & Field Coach for the sprints and hurdles events. Kutztown University is an NCAA Division II member which competes in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC). The Assistant Coach is responsible for administering and/or assisting with the administration of all areas related to the success of a Track and Field program within the Division II intercollegiate program with specific responsibilities for the sprinting and hurdling events. The successful candidate must possess experience with recruiting, discipline, management, budget administration, scheduling, scouting, summer sports camp, NCAA compliance, student affairs and academics, training and strength development. Participation and coordination of fund-raising activities is expected.
· The applicant must be able to communicate well and perform well in an interview and/or coaching demonstration.
· Three years of successful coaching experience or elite level playing experience is required.
· Cultural Competency as it relates to our communities of color
· Bachelor's Degree
· One year coaching experience required; collegiate coaching experience preferred, and/or collegiate playing experience.
· Ability to recruit within NCAA and PSAC rules.
· Strong organizational; interpersonal; communication, and computer skills needed.
· Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game, and the ability to coach and motivate.
· Commitment to cultivating diversity for Intercollegiate Athletics
About Kutztown University
Kutztown University enrolls approximately 8,000 students in graduate and undergraduate programs. The University is located adjacent to the borough of Kutztown in a charming rural setting and is within 20 minutes driving time of the diverse metropolitan areas Allentown/Bethlehem and Reading, and within 60 minutes of the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.