In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, assist in administering the progress and success of the intercollegiate women’s soccer program within the guidelines of the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference and DePaul University. This includes all pre-season, in-season and post-season activities necessary to the development of a competitive NCAA Division I team.
- Assist in coordinating the evaluation, recruitment, preparation and development of all student-athletes. Such evaluation and recruitment activities may include, but are not limited to identifying, contacting and recruiting prospective student-athletes by phone, mail and other forms of correspondence; traveling to various locations throughout Chicago and across the country to meet and evaluate in person prospective student-athletes; and operating camps and clinics.
- Assist in all aspects of the preparation and development of soccer student-athletes. Such activities may include, but are not limited to planning practice sessions, video analysis of performance, providing feedback and encouraging positive performance.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules, policies and procedures pertaining to women’s soccer. Attend and participate in monthly NCAA rules compliance meetings.
- Assist in monitoring and encouraging the scholastic progress of student-athletes in conjunction with the Athletic Academic Advising Office, so as to promote their academic success.
- Establish and maintain quality relationships with alumni and support organizations (Athletic Advisory Council, “D” Club, Blue Crew, etc.) of DePaul University. Serve as the department’s liaison on all public relation and promotional activities for the women’s soccer program and work with the Athletic Development Office to solicit gifts.
- Assist with adherence to the program’s budget, in conjunction with the Athletic Business Office. Work with Business Office on travel arrangements, equipment purchases, and expense reports.
Physical Requirements Occasionally required to drive student-athletes when traveling. Must be able to handle the physical demands of team practice and competition, with special consideration for the outdoor elements.
Other Skills & Abilities Required Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to use video analysis software to improve team training and game preparation. Demonstrated experience in working in a diverse urban and/or intercollegiate athletics environment. Dedication to serving the department, the University and the student-athletes with the highest level of leadership, initiative and integrity.
Additional Information Position requires working evening and weekend hours during school year. Travel may be required for extended periods of time for competition and recruiting.
Bachelor’s Degree required. 1-3 years coaching experience, preferably at the NCAA Division I level. Collegiate playing experience preferred.
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded, and hard-working professionals to work in a real-world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.