Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine - Athletic Training
4 Year Degree
Job Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job ID: 22585
Location: College of Staten Island
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The College of Staten Island (CSI) is a City University of New York (CUNY) senior College organized around two academic divisions and three schools, with over 14,000 students. CSI offers a broad range of academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences, and in several professional areas. The College awards associate's, bachelor's, master's and clinical doctoral degrees, and in collaboration with The CUNY Graduate Center, numerous Ph.D. degrees. CSI's internationally recognized faculty passionately engage in scholarly and artistic activities, and together with a strong professional staff, lead students through transformational learning experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. The College is situated on a 204-acre site, has recently incorporated a residential component, and is currently engaging in capital expansion. It is a hub of intellectual and artistic activity and a community partner and source of economic impact and job creation for the greater Staten Island area.
The College's faculty, administration, and staff are committed to educational excellence as they instill in students an enduring love of learning and respect for pluralism and diversity. The College community recognizes its responsibility to strive for the common good, including an informed appreciation for the interdependence of all people, as well as providing students with the opportunities for successful future careers.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, Intramurals and Recreation, the Assistant Athletics Trainer provides direct athletic training services for all College of Staten Island athletic teams.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Injury and illness evaluation, rehabilitation, practice coverage, game coverage, and some travel to limit exposure to injury and to care for student-athletes.
- Communicate with physicians, athletic director, coaches, strength and conditioning coach, and all other support staff regarding athletic injuries, illness, and rehabilitation.
- Schedule medical appointments for student-athletes.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides the Director of Athletics with frequent updates and assessment of athletic training services.
- Ensures that NCAA student-athlete eligibility rules are being adhered to as pertains to annual physicals and sickle cell status.
- Prepares and maintains all appropriate athletic injury care records and reports as required following all NCAA, HIPPA, and NATA guidelines.
- Promotes a positive image of the intercollegiate athletics program and the College by participating in community and professional organizations; and representing the College as a spokesperson at appropriate events, professional meetings, campus committees and in community activities as appropriate.
- Participates in regularly scheduled staff and department meetings.
- Contributes to the overall success of the intercollegiate athletics program by willingly performing all other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training
- 2 years of athletics experience preferred.
- Athletic insurance experience preferred.
- NATA Certification and Membership
- CPR & AED Certification
- Strong communication skills preferred.
- Knowledge of ECC and NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Supports the administration of College athletic programs.
- Assists with compliance programs activities required by the ECC (East Coast Conference) and external bodies
- Serves student-athletes through providing advising services and enrichment programs
- Organizes student-athlete communications and activities, and other department work such as calendars, materials, reports, handbooks, and compliance manuals
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit https://cuny.jobs/ and enter 22585 in the job title/keywords search section field. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information) as one file.
July 29, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
About College of Staten Island
The mission of the Sports and Recreation Center, including intercollegiate athletics, is consistent with that of the Office of the President and the College of Staten Island. We are committed to providing quality athletic, intramural and recreational services and programs to the College community that enhances the lives and development of the widely diverse population of the City of New York.We offer recreational and athletic opportunities to complement the academic pursuits of CSI's students. We support student-athletes' academic achievements and persistence to graduation through academic advising and counseling. This is consistent with our range of support services that are accessible to our students.