Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for graduate assistant, baseball. Lake Erie College is an NCAA Division II program that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC).
The graduate assistant is responsible for duties as assigned by the given head coach or administrator and will manage a secondary responsibility as defined. This is a ten-month, two-year appointment, pending successful evaluation at the end of year one.
• Serves as recruiter for the sport of baseball, identifying and evaluating potential student-athletes in competition and showcases and organizing/tracking their recruitment in conjunction with the Office of Admissions.
• Arranges prospective student campus visits, to include tours and visits with the head coach, and abides by the head coach’s recruiting philosophy.
• Compiles scouting reports per the system defined by the head coach.
• Coaches a specific position as assigned by the head coach.
• Implements training techniques as approved by the head coach and assists head coach with speed and strength training.
• Throws batting practice and hits fungos.
• Sets up and breaks down practice.
• Utilize Rapsodo hitting unit to aid with the development of the offense.
• Effectively executes game day responsibilities as assigned by the head coach.
• Helps execute team fundraising efforts, including participation in camps and clinics.
• Completes CARA hours at the direction of the assistant director of athletics for compliance and rules education.
• Assists with student-athlete study table coverage and coordination.
• Acts in a professional manner, attending all baseball-related functions, being prompt, meeting deadlines, dressing in proper attire for varying responsibilities and exhibiting respect for colleagues, the head coach and their decisions/instructions and the work environment.
• Projects and promotes an inclusive education with the highest standards, where student-athletes are empowered to leave lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
• Acts as an ambassador of the College and conducts oneself in a positive manner to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
• Operates within the mission of the College and athletics department to ensure a full NCAA DII student-athlete experience.
• Follows all institutional, GMAC and NCAA regulations regarding baseball and athletics in general.
• Other duties as assigned by the head coach, baseball or director of athletics.
Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management, business or related field preferred.
For GAs, acceptance into a Lake Erie College graduate program required.
Collegiate playing experience preferred for coaching positions.
Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics and NCAA rules and regulations.
Knowledge and skill in using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
Qualified applicants will have the availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record and the ability to travel for team practices, competition and recruiting.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references either (1) via email to email@example.com, (2) online at www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/ or (3) to Graduate Assistant, Baseball Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu and http://www.lakeeriestorm.com. EOE
As one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in Ohio’s Western Reserve, Lake Erie College is proud of its long heritage. From its start as a female seminary, in the Mount Holyoke style, to the coeducational institution it is today, the College has been a leader in higher education for over 160 years. Offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees, the College fosters an environment of engagement, empowerment and self-evaluation in a diverse world, for both students and employees. We offer a rich menu of employee benefits in retirement, health, education and more, affirming the value we place in our employees.
Lake Erie College provides an excellent, inclusive, and highly personalized education grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Guided by hope and care, our students are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
About Lake Erie College
Lake Erie College, founded in 1856, provides distinctive undergraduate and graduate programs grounded in the liberal arts. We empower students to deal with the diversity, complexity and change necessary to excel in the 21st century. We offer 35 undergraduate majors and master’s programs in business administration, education and physician assistant studies. Our students compete in 17 NCAA Division II varsity sports and on three intercollegiate equestrian teams.