The primary responsibility of the Assistant Softball Coach/Pitching Coach is to serve as pitching coach.
Other responsibilities include:
* Assist the head coach in all aspects of a Division I softball program including, but not limited to, coordinating team travel arrangements, game day personnel management, recruiting and other duties as assigned by the head coach.
* Assist the head coach in organization, administration and promotion of the Appalachian State Softball program.
* Candidates must be committed to the academic and athletic success of the student-athlete.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Proficient with computers and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations as they apply to recruitment and player eligibility.
* Pass NCAA recruiting test prior to applying. Must have a strong working knowledge of pitching.
* Experience in organizing and tracking finances in budget as well as fundraising in Microsoft Excel.
* Able to scout opposing teams and develop a report for Head Coach.
* Willing to be actively involved in the Appalachian State and Boone community.
About Appalachian State University
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of northwestern North Carolina, Appalachian State University has built a national reputation for providing outstanding academics. With a student/faculty ratio of 17:1 and an average class size of 25, faculty members are able to take a personal interest in student progress, often becoming mentors, advisers, and friends - even tennis partners. That can only happen in a close-knit community.Nestled at the base of Howard's Knob, the university is located in downtown Boone, NC (year-round pop. 15,000), a small town which thrives as one of the Southeast's premier tourism and outdoor recreation destinations. The nearby Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah National Forest provide a beautiful natural setting with unlimited possibilities for outdoor adventure.Appalachian is a public institution and part of The University of North Carolina System.