The Big South Conference is hiring an individual to serve as Sales and Promotion Coordinator (Coordinator) supporting the Hercules Tires Big South Conference Basketball Championships to be held in Charlotte, North Carolina March 1-6, 2022. The Coordinator shall be an independent contractor, and report directly to the Senior Associate Commissioner.
The Coordinator shall be directly responsible for:
1. Development and promotion of corporate and group sales efforts;
2. Plan, coordinate, and implement community events aimed at increasing attendance at the Basketball Championships (school districts, youth organizations, etc.);
3. Assistance with special events that enhance the fan experience and increase attendance;
4. Promote the awareness of the event within the business and civic community;
5. Promote the Basketball Championships through local partnerships;
6. Assist in coordination of promotion and ticket sales through member institutions;
7. Assist with in-game promotions;
8. Create, develop, and execute marketing plan for the Hercules Tires Big South Conference Basketball Championships; and
9. Other duties as assigned.
Desired qualifications for this position include:
1. Knowledge of Division I basketball event planning and promotion;
2. Experience in sales and marketing with familiarity with the city of Charlotte;
3. Independent worker willing to take the initiative;
4. Excellent organizational skills;
5. Good communicator.
Additional Salary Information: The initial term of the engagement shall begin immediately upon appointment through May 31, 2022. An extension of the initial term through May 31, 2023 shall be considered upon conclusion of the 2022 event.
About Big South Conference
The Big South Conference, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is currently accepting applications for Assistant Director of Administration. Please send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.