Alvernia University, located in Reading, Pennsylvania, is accepting applications for the part-time positions of Assistant Football Coach/Offensive Assistant and Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Assistant.
The Assistant Football Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Football Coach in managing all aspects of sustaining a competitive NCAA Division III Football Program including, but not limited to: recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes. Successful preparation, planning, and implementation of strategy for the development of student athletes.
1. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
2. Identify, recruit, and retain qualified student-athletes for the football program in accordance with all University admissions standards and qualifications.
3. Meet established annual recruiting goals.
4. Implement a comprehensive strategy and planning for both practices and games to ensure proper preparation of student-athletes, including use of film and other resources to enrich and enhance player performance.
5. Properly input offensive/defensive, and opponent data into Hudl for opponent film evaluation, and defensive self-scout.
6. Adhere to the fall camp and weekly offensive/defenisve installation schedule.
7. Complete opponent film breakdown responsibilities including, but not limited to opponent data input, labeling and evaluation, and other duties prescribed by the head coach.
8. Assist in the creation, disseminate and implement weekly game plans.
9. Understand and abide by all University, MAC, and NCAA rules and regulations.
10. Oversee the athletic and academic development of student athletes of your position group.
11. Ensure a commitment to the academic success of the football student-athletes, including monitoring of academic progress and attendance.
12. Uphold all program and university policies and procedures as detailed in the department, assistant football coach and staff organization manuals.
1. Integrate with the campus community, including serving on university-wide committees, and attending University events.
2. Other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach and/or Director of Athletics, to include serving as a game day administrator for selected home spring athletics events.
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values, and goals of Alvernia University
2. Bachelor’s degree
3. Successful football coaching experience at the high school level or above, preferably as a college head coach or recruiting coordinator
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff utilizing excellent communication and customer service skills
5. Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
6. Ability to be a self-starter and perform in a fast paced high stress environment
1. Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
Alvernia University is a Franciscan institution rooted in the Catholic and liberal arts traditions. True to its Bernardine Franciscan heritage, the University’s values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation, and peacemaking have shaped its character and history for nearly 60 years.
Recently, the University has grown in both educational opportunities and enrollment. Alvernia’s student population of nearly 3,000 comes from diverse cultural, economic, geographic, and religious backgrounds. Alvernia offers Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Social Work, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing degrees; seven master’s degrees; and doctoral programs in leadership (PhD), physical therapy (DPT), and nursing practice (DNP).
Alvernia’s nearly 500 student-athletes compete in the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) with Albright, Lebanon Valley, Messiah, Lycoming, Arcadia, Hood, and Stevenson among others. Historically, Women’s Basketball has been one of the most successful programs at Alvernia with nine conference championships and seven NCAA Division III Tournament appearances.
Reading, Pennsylvania is situated between the scenic Blue and South Mountains in southeastern Pennsylvania. It features a reasonable cost-of-living with high rates of homeownership, substantial healthcare options, and a number of high quality education choices. Reading offers a mix of cultural entertainment destinations, such as the GoggleWorks Center for the Arts, the Reading Public Museum, outlet shopping, minor-league sports, and concerts at the Santander Arena. The University is conveniently located an hour from Philadelphia and within an easy two- to three-hour drive of some of the world’s greatest centers of commerce, government, culture, sports, and entertainment: New York, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity and invites all qualified candidates to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any factor unrelated to the requirements of the position.
About Alvernia University
Alvernia is a co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 121-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply. An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer