Sacred Heart University is seeking an Assistant Women's Wrestling Coach who possesses the coaching expertise and organizational skills needed to build an NCAA Division I Wrestling Program.
- Assist the head coach with the recruitment and selection of prospective student-athletes in accordance with clearly documented roster goals and in compliance with the standards and principles of the operating codes of the NCAA and Sacred Heart University.
- Assist the head coach with organizing, scheduling and conducting regular practices in and out of season within the guidelines set forth by the NCAA and applicable conference.
- Assist the head coach in the development of a competitively successful wrestling team.
- Assist the head coach in providing leadership and instruction in the academic, personal, and athletic development of student athletes by counseling team members in academic, citizenship, sportsmanship, and personal matters, as assigned.
- Follow the administrative procedures established by the University as published in the Athletics Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Provide student athletes the opportunity for a positive experience and climate in which to achieve their academic, athletic, and personal goals.
- Apply strategies to motivate and encourage student-athletes to comply with the Code of Ethical Conduct (Bylaw 10.1-10.4)
- Assist the head coach in administrative and office duties, including but not limited to team travel, meeting arrangements, fundraising and social media coordination.
- Manage other tasks assigned by the head coach and demonstrate strong work ethic and energy.
- Bachelors Degree required - Successful collegiate level coaching experience preferred - Ability to relate to student Athletes - Knowledge of NCAA Wrestling Rules - Knowledge of Women's Freestyle Wrestling Rules - Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
About Sacred Heart University
Sacred Heart University, the second-largest independent Catholic university in New England, offers more than 80 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs on its main campus in Fairfield, Conn., located less than 60 miles from Manhattan and approximately 150 miles from Boston. With its five miles of shoreline, marinas, parks, open space and plenty of shopping and fine dining, Fairfield is consistently recognized as a top community in the Northeast in which to live. In 2018 the town earned an A+ in a 'report card' by Niche on "Best Places to Live" in Connecticut. Sacred Heart also has satellites in Connecticut, Luxembourg and Ireland. It comprises more than 300 acres of land, including an 18-hole golf course and the former global headquarters of General Electric. Rooted in the 2000-year-old Catholic intellectual tradition and the liberal arts, Sacred Heart embraces a vision for social justice and educates students in mind, body and spirit to prepare them personally and professionally to make a difference in the global community. More than 8,500 students attend the University's six colleges: Arts & Sciences; Health Professions; Nursing; the Jack Welch College of Busin...ess; the Isabelle Farrington College of Education; and St. Vincent's College. Consistently recognized for excellence, The Princeton Review includes SHU in its guides, Best 382 Colleges-2018 Edition, "Best in the Northeast" and Best 267 Business Schools-2018 Edition. It also placed SHU on its lists for "Best College Theater" and "Most Engaged in Community Service," each of which comprises only 20 U.S. schools. U.S.News & World Report ranks SHU in its Best Colleges 2018 guidebook and calls SHU the fourth "Most Innovative School" in the North. The Chronicle of Higher Education also names SHU one of the fastest-growing Roman Catholic universities in its 2016 almanac. .