Provides athletic training services in accordance with school contracts. Provides services, as requested, at all school athletic events and practices.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position requires a minimum of two (2) years job-related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
National Athletic Trainers Association Certification required.
State Licensure required.
CPR certification required.
First-Aid certification required.
Effective communication skills for accurate, concise, and organized verbal and written communication.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to build professional relationships with staff, coaches, players, and community partners.
Ability to work effectively as a team member.
Effective organizational, time management, and planning skills.
Excellent problem solving skills.
Demonstrated commitment to exceptional professionalism, confidentiality, and service.
Other Duties as assigned
Additional Salary Information: As found in the Agreement Between the Kent County Teachers Association and The Board of Education of Kent County. Ten(10) month position. Teacher’s lane. Step established by the Superintendent.
About Kent County Public Schools
KCPS is an anchor organization that creates an environment of academic excellence through a collaborative, equitable and rigorous learning community.
* Average teacher has 17.7 years of service in the county and earns $50,500 a year
* 71% of teachers hold an advanced professional certificate
* 51% hold a master's degree and 55 employees are pursuing this degree
* Doctorates are held by five staff members and four others are pursuing a doctorate
* All employees working for the school system must pass a criminal background check
Governance and Fiscal Information:
* Five elected Board of Education members and one student member hold monthly public meetings. Elected members serve four year terms.
* FY04 $23.9 million Unrestricted Operating Budget (80% is employee expenses)
* FY03 $3.3 million Restricted Funds from State and Federal sources
* Total revenue is 65% County, 33% State, 1% Federal, 1% Other Local