We are a community committed to preparing students to be educated and enlightened citizens who lead productive and meaningful lives.
To be the national model for the engaged university: engaged with ideas and the world.
Who We Are
Established in 1908, James Madison University is a comprehensive public institution offering undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs to more than 20,000 students. JMU is regarded as one of the finest regional universities in the nation and has been continuously cited in U.S. News and World Report, Changing Times and Money Magazine as an outstanding public university. Located in the heart of Virginia’s beautiful Shenandoah Valley, the city of Harrisonburg is approximately 120 miles from Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA. Known for its livability, diversity, local food, arts and natural surroundings, this Virginia Main Street community is a great place to live and work.
James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and the Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for an Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach (two positions) to work within a highly competitive program. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach include but are not limited to:
- Daily instructions with the team
- Player development
- Equipment management
- Budget management
- Team travel
- Compliance with NCAA, CAA and JMU regulations
- A bachelor’s degree
- Candidates must have previous coaching/playing experience and the ability to recruit high-level student-athletes, preferably at the Division I level.
- Qualified applicants should be proficient with Microsoft Office, digital video editing and athletics recruiting software.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills and will possess initiative and leadership.
- A candidate should possess the skills to manage program level additional duties and cooperate well with other departments of athletics.
- The ability to guide and support James Madison University student-athletes in their quest for excellence-academically, athletically and socially as they prepare for productive and meaningful lives is essential.
- In addition, the ability to establish a good rapport and effective working relationships with student-athletes, parents, administrators, faculty, staff and the community is required.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.