North Park University, a member of the nationally recognized College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin, would like to announce that applications are now being accepted for the position of Baseball Graduate Assistant. The assistantship will begin in August 2021 and includes tuition remission, a partial meal plan, and a $3,000 stipend per semester.
An ideal candidate will demonstrate the desire to become a collegiate level head coach and be able to present their philosophy and competency accordingly. The position requires responsibility for preparation, management, and success of a position group, as well as having significant recruiting and operations duties.
· Direct responsibility for position specific skill development in accordance with the applicant’s background.
· Secondary position specific skill development as assigned by the Head Coach.
· Evaluation of prospective student-athletes through showcase and game coverage.
· Assist program with all phases of competitive NCAA and CCIW compliant recruiting.
· Assist with monitoring the academic progress of all student-athletes on the team.
· Execute practice and game planning/evaluation, including video coordination and breakdown.
· Co-direct all camp offerings, including planning, advertising, organization, and instruction.
· Assist with office organizational needs.
· Complete other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Associate Head Coach, Assistant Vice President for Athletics and Sport Management, and Associate Athletic Directors.
· A bachelor’s degree is required.
· Applicant must be able to work an untraditional work schedule (i.e. frequent nights and weekend).
· Applicant must obtain acceptance in North Park University graduate program and have a personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
· Successful collegiate playing experience or prior coaching experience and extensive knowledge of the sport baseball at the intercollegiate level is required.
· Division I or professional baseball background is preferred.
· A valid driver’s license is required.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to: Luke Johnson, Head Baseball Coach, North Park University, 3225 W. Foster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
About North Park University
Located on the North side of Chicago, North Park University is a comprehensive and Christian liberal arts university that serves nearly 3,200 undergraduate and graduate students from around the country and the world. Within a diverse, close-knit, urban community, North Park offers more than 40 undergraduate majors, 8 bachelor’s degree-completion majors, 19 master’s degrees, and more than 30 graduate-level certificate programs for continuing professional education. By integrating faith with learning—as it has done since its founding in 1891—North Park University continues to focus on the important task of preparing students for lives of significance and service.
North Park has consistently ranked in the top tier of Midwest regional universities, according to U.S. News & World Report, and has been ranked among the top 50 Christian colleges and Universities by collegechoice.net. We consistently produce Fulbright award-winning students and faculty. Institutional accreditation at North Park University is provided by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Our campus is a blend of urban life, open spaces, and modern academic resources. Situated in the North Park and Albany Park neigh...borhoods of the city, the University makes its home in one of the most ethnically diverse communities of the country. Through engaging our neighborhood and city, we enrich our campus life and build important connections to the diverse people of Chicago whose roots extend around the globe.
As an employer, North Park offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including tuition benefits for employees and their spouses/dependents. The University welcomes faculty and staff professing the Christian faith, from a wide range of traditions, and is committed to building a diverse, collegial, and supportive academic atmosphere.
More facts about North Park University in Chicago:
6 schools offering professional graduate programs: 19 master's degrees and 35 graduate-level certificate programs
116 full-time faculty; 85% with terminal degrees
More than 750 total faculty and staff members (Full and part-time)
11:1 student-to-faculty ratio