The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics Department is seeking a qualified Assistant Volleyball Coach. This position will report directly to the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach. This position assists the Head Volleyball Coach in directing all activities of the Volleyball Program within NCAA, Sun Belt Conference, and UL Lafayette Policies, guidelines, and procedures. The Assistant Volleyball Coach is responsible for maintaining high academic standards to support the academic development and graduation of student-athletes while focusing on student-athlete welfare; assisting in successfully directing the Volleyball program to compete for NCAA Championships; assisting in the recruitment of student-athletes and maintaining a culture of personal accountability in student-athlete performance and conduct, assisting in the planning and direction of all practices, travel, and game activities.
- Successfully recruit, retain, develop, and graduate high performing Volleyball Student-Athletes. - Assist with preparation, organization, design, and implementation of effective practice schedules, off-season programs, and game coaching. - Effective Community engagement, donor, and public relations. - Consistent compliance with NCAA and Sun Belt Conference rules, and regulations. - Monitor student-athlete's academic progress. - Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: - Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, public relations, interpersonal, customer service, and supervisory skills when working with student-athletes, faculty, staff, coaches, and administration.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; commitment to working with multi-cultural populations.
- Have strong work ethic and be a person of high integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and Institutional rules as they apply to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics program.
- Ability to work extended daily hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s preferred) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience coaching/competing at a college level or comparable experience preferred.
Internal Number: 1251
About University of Louisiana at Lafayette
The mission of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is to offer exceptional education informed by diverse world views striving to develop innovative leaders who advance knowledge. The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges accredits the University, which offers undergraduates and graduates degrees in the arts, sciences, and professional programs. The University is a public research university with high research activity, an enrollment of over 18,000 students and 800 faculty members. UL Lafayette is the largest of nine universities in the University of Louisiana System. The University offers degree programs in 55 undergraduate disciplines, 15 post-bachelor certificates, seven graduate certificates, the master’s degree in 28 disciplines and the doctorate in 10 disciplines. Additional information about the University is available on the University webpage at http://louisiana.edu./
Located midway between New Orleans and Houston, Lafayette is the heart of Louisiana’s Acadian-Creole region. The city of over 126,000 is part of the Lafayette-Acadiana area, which has a total population of 616,000 and is one of Louisiana’s fastest-growing metropolitan area...s. Lafayette serves as the base of Louisiana’s offshore oil industry, as well as the financial, retail, and medical center for South-Central Louisiana.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or disability in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities as required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Executive Order 11246, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistant Act of 1974 and 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act.-See more at http://personnel.louisiana.edu/employment-opportunities/policy-nondiscrimination