William Peace University is actively recruiting candidates for two open positions:
Head Coach of Women's Lacrosse
Head Coach of Men's Lacrosse
Apply to these positions by clicking the link to the employer's careers page, selecting the position from the list of openings, and starting your application!
The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of planning, managing and developing a successful intercollegiate Lacrosse program in accordance with the standards and goals set by William Peace University. This exciting opportunity combines traditional coaching responsibilities with the active recruitment of prospective student athletes to foster a team which performs to the best of it’s abilities and well represents WPU’s institutional values. This is a full-time position, with a schedule including the traditional season, non-traditional season, and additional recruiting efforts.
- Conduct the program abiding by all NCAA, USA South Athletic Conference, and William Peace University rules and regulations.
- Conduct the program within the mission of the University and the department.
- Provide yearly plans for program & recruiting
- Attend coaches meetings, departmental meetings, and other university meetings as necessary or required.
- Recruit quality student-athletes by personal contact, phone and written correspondence with player, coach, and parents. Evaluate ability of prospect in person or through videotape analysis. Make frequent off-campus trips to watch games/matches/meets. Arrange on-campus visits for prospective student-athletes with designated athletic administrator and/or the Office of Admissions. Ensure compliance with NCAA guidelines for contacting and entertaining prospects.
- Recruitment of student-athletes must meet or exceed the yearly plan, which includes a targeted roster number.
- Meet with the Sport Supervisor regarding recruiting and retention strategies, including the monitoring of academic progress and success on a regular basis
- Use Front Rush recruiting software effectively and regularly to track recruiting progress.
- Submit forms in a timely fashion related to travel, purchasing, meals, officials, statistics, rosters, etc., as required.
- Submit a proposed schedule for the following academic year by the date provided by athletic administration. All final schedules are subject to approval by the Sport Supervisor and the Director of Athletics.
- Coordinate team travel
- Maintain inventory control of equipment and supplies.
- Organize, conduct, and supervise practices and contests.
- Evaluate team and individual performance. Develop and implement strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team
- Encourage and cultivate an atmosphere of professional behavior and sportsmanship of athletes in all instances when they represent the University.
- Ensure the safety of student-athletes and staff through careful monitoring of the condition of equipment and facilities utilized by the designated sport.
- Organize pre, in and off season conditioning program within the DIII & USA South Athletic Conference rules
- Assist with home athletic event game management.
- Cooperate with all offices on campus, with the press and with the community.
- Promote the program with vigor.
- Conduct and coordinate clinics, exhibitions, and camps, as approved by Sports Supervisor
- Assist with approved fundraising activities.
- Be involved in all activities conducted by the Athletic Department including: Admissions events, Sports Award Banquet, PACER Events, Homecoming, Parents Weekend, and Alumni events.
- Conduct the program within the allotted budget.
- Assign and ensure attendance of student athletes at SAAC, department and University meetings.
- Update team and student records with the assistance of the Office of Athletics Communication.
- Responsible for knowing and following the guidelines in WPU Coaches Handbook
- Responsible for knowing and following the guidelines of the University Employee Handbook.
- Complete others duties as assigned by the Sport Supervisor and the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor’s Degree and two years relevant experience in higher education; success as NCAA recruiter of student-athletes; highly organized and detail oriented; excellent communication skills.
Master’s Degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Physical Education, Sports Management or other related field. Collegiate coaching experience.
About William Peace University
William Peace University is a nationally-ranked, award-winning institution located in one of the best cities in the United States in downtown Raleigh, NC. WPU provides a culture that values diversity, fosters an energized team environment, builds on our strengths, promotes creativity and innovation, and encourages inclusiveness, respect, and open communication by leading with our actions. Our mission is to prepare our students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. The ideal candidate will have the ability to embrace the five core values, mission, and vision of William Peace University. Join our team and see why William Peace University was voted one of the Triangle’s Best Places to Work in 2017! Follow your passion and make an impact at WPU.