Job Summary: An Account Executive of Ticket Sales whose main responsibility is to call on potential customers for season and group ticket sales for Southern Miss sports events in order to meet individual and department-wide ticket and revenue goals. Also assists with ticket operations duties for select sports and Eagle Club efforts to increase memberships and promote donations.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Makes at least 70 daily outbound calls to sell tickets and increase the fan base and revenue streams through season packages, group tickets, and ticket donations.
2. Meets or exceeds predetermined daily, weekly, monthly, and overall ticket and revenue goals for season tickets, partial ticket plans, group tickets, and ticket donations for all six ticketed sports (football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, and volleyball)
3. Self-prospects new season ticket and group ticket buyers to generate new leads. Works with marketing staff to develop group leads through the creation and development of themed group nights and create relationships in the organization to increase the reach and success of promotional events.
4. Answers inbound sales and service calls, providing assistance and customer service to customers. Utilizes the CRM software to manage accounts, settle disputes, and analyze customer trends to further revenue and attendance. 5.Works various sporting events and community events promoting Southern Miss Tickets and developing leads and selling direct to consumers. Manages setting up displays and coordinating events with festivals, events, and companies. Manages part-time and student staff at various events.
6. Assists in seeking Eagle Club and Athletic Club Foundation members and increasing annual fund giving under the direction of the Eagle Club Executive Director.
7. Assists with the coordination of all game day ticket sales and game day management and activities for football, basketball, women’s basketball, softball and baseball and meets with clients and develops new leads as assigned by the Director of Ticket Sales.
8. Assists in the distribution of marketing materials to businesses and individuals.
9. Provides weekly updates to include sales performance, appointment recaps and customer service issues.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, management, marketing or other related field. One to two years related experience and/or training in a related field.
About Southern Miss Athletics
The University of Southern Mississippi is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.