The University of Southern Indiana is seeking qualified applicants for the 10-month position of Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach.
The position is responsible for the management and administration of the men’s and women’s swimming & diving program.
· Schedule and conduct regular practice sessions in and out of season, as allowed. Coach team during scheduled events. Determine and implement the strategies necessary to motivate the players to maximum levels of individual and team performance.
· Conduct coaches’ preparatory meetings and teaching procedures for the diving coach and assistant coaching staff.
· Direct and manage assistant coaches.
· Maintain continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, GLVC, and departmental rules and regulations.
· Responsible for overseeing and administration of the sport’s budget.
· Scout and recruit quality student-athletes and coordinate recruiting activities
· Work closely with the athletic training staff and Team Physician to provide for the safety and health of student-athletes.
· Implement fundraising programs to assist growth of team’s budget.
· Participate in the University’s public relations activities, including print, television and radio interviews, and news conferences.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in related area required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Two to five years of swimming coaching experience preferred.
To apply, please follow the directions on our USI Careers page to log in or set up an account. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position which include letter of application; current curriculum vitae; names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references; and unofficial transcripts. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Mandi Fulton, Search Committee Chair. Official transcripts will be required of candidates who are finalists for the position. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.