The purpose of this graduate assistantship is to provide a graduate student with practical, hands-on experience within as intercollegiate athletics department, with an emphasis on the roles of sports information, statistician, and social media content development and management.
The successful candidate will be involved in multiple aspects of a NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletic department communications operation, including entry and distribution of gameday statistics, creation and distribution of press releases, feature stories, social media content and related duties. Additionally, the candidate will be involved in the recruitment and oversight of gameday student workers and student personnel. Opportunities exist in development of photography and multi-media content, as well as website maintenance.
•Learn and use NCAA Live Stats, Stat Crew and related athletic statistical programs.
•Organize and produce social media and multimedia content designed to promote student-athletes, coaches and programs.
•Write, edit, and review athletic department written content, including game stories, wrap-ups, articles and social media posts.
•Assist with and occasionally take photos, conduct interviews, and assist with gameday broadcasts.
•Other duties, as assigned.
• Strong interest in sports, communications, and the world of intercollegiate athletics.
• Ability to embrace non-traditional work calendar.
• Ability to balance academic & work responsibilities.
• Positive attitude and an interest in telling the Warrior story through the lens of athletics.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, exciting work environment.
Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree and acceptance into a graduate program at Winona State University. Included in WSU's many offerings is a Master of Science in Sport Management program.
• Academic background which includes strong writing skills, management ability and interest in new technology.
• Preference is given to those who plan to pursue a career in intercollegiate athletics, particularly in sports information, athletic administration, or related field.
Additional Salary Information: Partial graduate stipend available
About Winona State University
About Winona State University Athletics:
The Winona State University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, as an integral part of the educational mission of the institution, is committed to offering opportunities to experience academic and athletic excellence for our student-athletes through two simple words: Graduate Champions.
Fourteen Warrior programs compete at the NCAA Division II level within the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC). Winona State University competes as an affiliate member of the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) in the sport of women's gymnastics.