Assist in the coordination of the overall operation and management of the university’s intercollegiate athletics women’s basketball program, including but not limited to: recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes, individual and team preparation, preparation, practice and game organization and coaching, scheduling, and alumni and community relations. Comply with NCAA, the Missouri Valley Conference and university policies and regulations.
The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach duties include, but not limited to:
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations and academic standards, as well as University academic requirements.
• Monitor the academics of the women’s basketball student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of in-season practices, including team and individual workouts.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of game plans for each game, including development of scouting reports of opponents.
• Complete all necessary compliance forms as required and/or requested by the Athletics Compliance Office.
• Assist in scheduling games as directed by Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and two-four years of related coaching experience at collegiate level.
Internal Number: 8100021
About Loyola University Chicago
Loyola University Chicago is Chicago's Jesuit, Catholic University - a diverse community seeking God in all things and working to expand knowledge in the service of humanity through learning, justice and faith.We aim to provide excellent benefit offerings, a diverse, inclusive and equitable campus environment, and a work experience designed to help faculty, staff, and students develop personally and professionally through collaborative engagement. Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (except where religion is a bona fide occupational qualification for the job), national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.