Executive, Executive - Associate Athletics Director
4 Year Degree
Saint Xavier University, an NAIA member of the Chicago Collegiate Athletic Conference invites applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Athletic Director for Departmental Operations. The University’s athletic program fields 19 intercollegiate and serves almost 500 student-athletes. The title will be provided commensurate with experience.
Reporting directly to and working with the Director of Athletics, the Assistant/Associate Athletic Director for Departmental Operations involves oversight in day-to-day athletic department operations including a supervisory role in facilities, selective sport oversight, business operations, compliance, operations staff, part-time/student staff, and other duties pertaining to the operational needs of the department.
• Responsible for coordination, scheduling, management of facilities
• Oversee compliance and eligibility
• Oversee financial and business operations of the department
• Manage internal procedures including manuals, handbooks, policies
• Serve as primary contact for athletic facilities with other entities on campus including Grounds, Information Technology, Housekeeping, SXUPS
• Oversee community membership program in the Shannon Center
• Serve on designated University committees
• Oversee game-day management
• Oversee work-study students
• Direct sport oversight
• Oversee internal staff development and student-athlete programming
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics
· Applicant must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
· Knowledge and experience managing systems including financial, calendars, and scheduling
· Strong communication, organizational and technical skills, and attention to detail
· The position requires some travel and working evenings, weekends and select holidays in addition to daily office hours
· Master’s degree
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in collegiate athletics
· Knowledge and experience in understanding the operation as an NAIA institution
For complete consideration, a letter of interest, resume, and three personal references should be sent in one pdf file and emailed to Dr. Kurt Patberg, Senior Vice President of Athletics Staffing and Consultants at SXUAssistantADsearch@gmail.com. The position is open and actively being recruited with the start of application review beginning on April 18, 2001. All applications meeting the stated qualifications will be considered until the position is filled.
Questions, inquiries, and nominations can be forwarded to Dr. Kurt Patberg, Senior Vice President of Athletics Staffing and Consultants at Kpatberg.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Saint Xavier University
Saint Xavier University (SXU) is a distinguished four-year, private
Catholic institution located in a residential neighborhood on the
southwest side of Chicago. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in
1846 and chartered in 1847, Saint Xavier holds the distinctions of
being Chicago’s first Catholic university, as well as the first Mercy
institution of higher learning in the United States.
With an enrollment of nearly 3,700 (2,955 undergraduate, 712 graduate students) the student body reflects the institution’s commitment to
diversity and inclusion. Saint Xavier is a Minority-Serving Institution and has
been a federally designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) since 2014.
Saint Xavier’s curricular and co-curricular programs focus on leadership and
service as well as educating the whole person.
The athletic program at Saint Xavier is made up of 19 varsity teams that compete within the National
Association for Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAC),
and the Mid-States Football Association (MSFA).