Description: The Assistant Men's & Women's Golf Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the development and maintenance of an effective and competitive NCAA Division III Men's & Women's Golf program at Carroll University. Teaching will include instruction of the skills and strategies necessary for the student-athlete to become competitive and successful in this sport. The recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes in this program will be integral to this position. The Assistant Coach will also be expected to teach and demonstrate the ability to promote the physical, intellectual and social growth of student-athletes. The Assistant Coach is also responsible for assisting the Head Coach in their assigned responsibilities and in the direction of all aspects of their assigned sport program.
• Understand and comply with all rules and guidelines set forth by the NCAA Division III, Carroll University, CCIW (College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin), and Carroll University Athletics.
• Understand and comply with the NCAA and Carroll University philosophy and mission.
• Act as a professional and positive representative of the Carroll University Educational Experience.
• Serve as a teacher, counselor, and role model so that student athletes will improve upon their physical, intellectual, and social behaviors.
• Maximize the physical talent of the team through quality teaching and coaching, and the promotion of teamwork.
• Assist the Head Coach in planning, organizing and administering all practice sessions.
• Assist in recruitment of student athletes while working through the Head Coach with the Office of Admission to maximize enrollment.
• Retain student athletes at Carroll University and within the team.
• Assist in maintaining, managing and updating equipment inventories.
• Teach the skills and strategies necessary for the student-athletes' success in this sport.
• Assist with the management and maintenance of all game and practice facilities used by the team.
• Assist in the teaching and coaching of a sub-varsity team.
• Participate in team and departmental camps/clinics, community service projects, fundraising activities, and alumni events whenever possible.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Bachelor's degree (preferred)
• Expertise in the sport on intercollegiate level (desired)
• Previous playing or coaching experience (desired)
Human Relations Skills:
• Ability to function effectively as a team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sensitivity to the needs of student-athletes and an understanding of their overall educational goals as well as the academic mission of the University
• Positive attitude towards the University and its intercollegiate programs is essential
• Ability to conduct self in a productive, professional manner at all times
• Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
• Must have valid motor vehicle license and be insurable under the University's insurance plan.
Job Number: #2021-025
Please reference job #2021-025 and submit cover letter and resume to: mailto:CUcareers@carrollu.edu
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE