Ferrum College, an NCAA Division III institution located in Ferrum, Virginia, is looking for a motivated, energetic and passionate individual to be our next Assistant Volleyball Coach. This is a full-time, 12-month position that reports directly to the Head Volleyball Coach.
Ferrum College is a proud member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC), joining the league in 2018.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The assistant volleyball coach will assist the head volleyball coach in evaluating, recruiting, coaching and mentoring qualified student-athletes that will compete at a high level in the classroom and on the field. The successful candidate will assist with the organization of all team practices, games and budgets and follow the lead of the head coach and her recruitment plan for the volleyball program. The assistant coach will help in ensuring a culture of compliance within all NCAA Division III, ODAC and Ferrum College rules and regulations, and ensure all student-athletes comply with same. Finally, the successful candidate will serve in administrative capacity as needed and directed by the head coach and the Director of Athletics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Evaluate, recruit, coach and mentor qualified student-athletes and prepare the team for a full intercollegiate varsity volleyball experience.
2. Execute the head coach’s recruitment plan to help ensure a robust and competitive roster from the local, regional and national landscape.
3. Assist the head coach to create a culture of compliance around all NCAA Division III, ODAC and Ferrum College rules and regulations and ensure all student-athletes do the same.
4. Travel locally, regionally and nationally for all regular-season and post-season events, conference and/or national meetings and fundraising, alumni and community events.
5. Assist with student-athlete academic progress, be available for consultation/support for student-athletes and direct student-athletes to the appropriate academic professionals to ensure academic success.
6. Serve in administrative capacity as needed and directed by the Director of Athletics.
7. Serve on department and campus-wide committees as requested, as well as other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Education/Experiences: A bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree, collegiate playing experience and prior coaching experience is preferred.
Licenses: Current and valid driver’s license required.
Other Preferences: The candidate must be able to work independently and have the ability to work occasionally on evenings and weekends throughout the year to accomplish the tasks necessary for success in this field. The successful candidate must be committed to working and teaching within an environment that embraces the development of students around their education, cultural diversity, mental health awareness and NCAA and ODAC compliance.
To apply for this position: Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and application to Ferrum College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 1000, Ferrum, VA 24088, or e-mail to email@example.com. The College will begin accepting applications for this position immediately, and look to fill the position as soon as possible. A background check will be required of the successful candidate.
Ferrum College is an equal opportunity employer.
A bachelor's degree is required. A master's degree, collegiate playing experience and prior coaching experience is preferred.
Current and valid driver's license required.
About Ferrum College
Candidates for this position should apply according to the directions in the listing. Electronic submissions are welcomed. Background checks are required for all positions.
Salary and fringe benefits are competitive and depend on experience. Review of applicants for all staff positions will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.