Colorado Mesa University Athletic Department, located in Grand Junction, CO, is currently seeking applicants for a Facilities and Events Graduate Assistant position. CMU is a proud member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and sponsors 28 varsity sports that compete at the NCAA Division II level.
Application materials: Submit a cover letter, resume or CV, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to Dave Jahnke – email@example.com. Selected applicant must apply for, and be accepted into, a CMU graduate degree program to maintain position appointment.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be received by Monday, April 6th, 2020.
Start date: August 3rd, 2020
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities**
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Sports Information office. This includes, but is not limited to, writing press releases, game recaps, and feature stories for assigned sports.
- Serve as the primary contact for Colorado Mesa’s NCAA Division II programs while aiding in the coverage of other in-season teams.
- Conduct all aspects of pre-game, in-game, and post-game coverage for assigned home contests.
- Promote Colorado Mesa athletics through social media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SnapChat.
- Interact with local and national media outlets. Help coaches and student-athletes schedule and conduct interviews.
- Score games using StatCrew or NCAA LiveStats
- Produce game notes, flyers and previews.
- Use a content management system to update the athletics website.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
- Strong background in StatCrew, NCAA LiveStats and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Athletic Communications/Sports Information experience either as a student worker, graduate assistant or intern.
- Candidates must have knowledge in layout and design using Adobe InDesign or a similar program.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premier or similar program is a bonus.
**Education** - Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
About Colorado Mesa University
About Colorado Mesa University:Founded in 1925, Colorado Mesa University is a comprehensive regional public higher education institution offering liberal arts, professional, and technical programs at the master's, bachelor's, associate and certificate levels. At Colorado Mesa, we take great pride in providing educational opportunities and tools that help students succeed in today's complex and interconnected world. Our focus is on providing quality academic programs, built on a strong liberal arts core that support students' interests and regional employment needs, as well as technical programs that respond to vocational workforce demands. Colorado Mesa is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. About Athletics: Colorado Mesa University has a strong winning tradition as a member of the NCAA Division II and the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference. The Mavericks have more than 90 conference and regional titles. Currently, 28 Colorado Mesa teams compete in intercollegiate varsity sports. CMU offers more than 700 student-athletes the opportunity to earn a degree while competing at a top Division II institution.