Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance. The Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance is responsible for administering and monitoring athletic scholarship efforts within the Department of Athletics and will work with coaches and student-athletes to ensure accurate and complete processing of National Letters of Intent. In addition, the Assistant Athletic Director will assist in the coordination of a comprehensive rules education program and updating and refining policies and procedures. The Assistant Athletic Director will coordinate department and coach efforts with respect to institutional camps and clinics to ensure that NCAA rules and the institutional outside income policy are followed. The position will also monitor and approve official and unofficial visit requests from coaches and the complimentary ticket process in conjunction with the ticket office.
· Identifies, reports, and/or resolves compliance infractions with senior athletics department and institutional administrators as necessary and/or appropriate.
· Assists in the coordination of a comprehensive rules education program, which includes preparing, leading and presenting monthly compliance education training seminars on a full range of NCAA rules and regulations, publication of a monthly newsletter and other rule education publications for coaches, administrators, student-athletes, institutional departments outside of athletics, donors, & boosters. Works with the Sr. Associate AD for Compliance and Student Development on efforts to educate and solicit feedback regarding proposed legislation.
· Assists with updating and refining compliance policies and procedures, and the student-athlete handbook.
· Oversees the utilization and operation of the institutional compliance software system. Ensures that all coaches, staff and administrators are fully up to date on how to operate the system and properly monitoring functional usage.
· Responsible for managing the processing of scholarships, including the initial awarding of and renewal/nonrenewal of scholarships, issuing scholarship agreements, calculating appropriate amounts of scholarship aid to be awarded to student-athletes, and cancellation and reduction of athletics scholarships for the academic year, J term and summer.
· Responsible for monitoring scholarship budgets in conjunction with head coaches, department administrators and ensures that all awards do not exceed NCAA individual limits and/or team limits.
· Ensures that all non counter certifications are executed properly. Responsible for coordinating documentation of medical non counters.
· Maintains lines of communication and necessary procedures with the Financial Aid office and Bursar’s office.
· Works with coaches and incoming student-athletes to ensure the NLI process is done completely and on time.
· Educates and works with Financial Aid office to ensure that outside scholarships received by student-athletes are counted toward team’s equivalency and/or head count limit is appropriate.
· Assists with keeping student-athletes, coaches and administrators up to date as to who is eligible for practice and competition. Assists in scheduling, planning and conducting beginning of the year eligibility meetings for all incoming and returning student-athletes.
· Ensures institutional policy and NCAA rules are being followed in regard to camps and clinics that occur on Quinnipiac’s campus.
· Ensures that other institutional camps and clinics that coaches are participating in are in line with NCAA institutional camps and clinics rules by monitoring the institution’s outside income policy.
· Works with Senior Associate AD in charge of facilities on department’s outside rentals policy, and ensure that constituents are educated properly and all outside rentals are done in accordance with NCAA and University policy.
· Monitors and approves official/unofficial visit requests from coaches. Includes reviewing and approving recruiting expense reports, and administering and monitoring the complimentary ticket process in conjunction with the ticket office.
· Oversees the administration of the student-assistance fund.
· Reviews and approves all promotional activities and donation requests.
· Works with the University’s housing office regarding dates of preseason and winter term housing.
· Researches and issues interpretations and assists with writing waivers as needed.
· Bachelor's Degree required
· Master's Degree preferred
· Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience, 3+ years preferred
· Demonstrated working knowledge of NCAA rules
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
· Ability to travel and work nights, weekends and some holidays as needed
· Organizational skills, computer skills
· Strong work ethic
· Ability to interact professionally and negotiate skillfully with both internal and external constituents
· Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.