The University of Nevada, Reno, an NCAA Division I Institution and Mountain West Conference member, is seeking applications for the position of NCAA Compliance Intern. This position would be for the months of January 2020 - May 2020 (start and end dates are flexible.) The selected candidate would assist the University of Nevada's Intercollegiate Services Department with the administration, monitoring, and education of University staff, student-athletes, coaches, boosters, and other stakeholders. The selected candidate will be one looking to gain first-hand NCAA Division I Compliance Experience.
Current law students will be given first priority.
Projected Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support and assistance in the daily operations of the Intercollegiate Services Department.
2. Utilize both internal and NCAA Compliance software to perform daily responsibilities.
3. Complete a comprehensive compliance project in the areas of amateurism, recruiting, eligibility, financial aid, awards/benefits, and playing/practice season.
4. Provide rules education initiatives to various departmental groups and other stakeholders.
5. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Sr. Associate AD, Intercollegiate Services or Director of Compliance.
Experience, Education, Training, and Skills:
1. Bachelor's Degree required.
2. Current law student or recent law school graduate preferred.
3. General knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding intercollegiate athletics.
4. Interest in pursuing NCAA Compliance as a career.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
Additional Salary Information: This is an unpaid internship. Employer is willing to work with applicants looking to use experience for course credit. Office includes a licensed attorney available to oversee a legal externship.
About University of Nevada, Reno
The University of Nevada, Reno is a world-class research institution located in a diverse, unique, and beautiful part of the country. The Reno area features exciting urban environments, excellent dining and entertainment opportunities, and incredible outdoor recreation available right out one's door.