Assist in the administration of day-to-day athletic ticket sales and operations, including oversight of the Alumni Hall ticket office. Work as part of the external relations team in achieving or exceeding departmental review and attendance goals. Responsible for compliance with all College and NCAA policies and procedures.
1. Oversee the secondary ticket office located in Alumni Hall, assuring consistent service and operations. Assist in the training and management of two Graduate Assistants and six to eight student workers to ensure consistent daily operations and the highest level of customer service. Hire, train, and schedule student game day workers. Provide support to the front line customer service staff in resolving customer issues and escalating as necessary.
2. Serve as liaison for development and ticketing initiatives to ensure streamlined efforts between staff members. Collaborate with the Assistant Athletic Directors and the Sr. Associate Athletic Director to provide the highest level of service for season ticket holders and donors. Ensure ticket and marketing staff are fully knowledgeable about fundraising initiatives and that the development staff are up-to-date on ticket/marketing sales and policies.
3. Implement setup and operations for season, mini-plan, and single game ticket sales in assigned ticketed sports under the direction of the supervisor. Work with outbound sales team to determine the number of seats that need to be held for group sales and special packages, marketing to determine holds for kids clubs and other fan engagement initiatives, and campus partners to make seats available for special events. Approve design of season ticket materials and work with the ticket printing companies to ensure proper printing and timely delivery. Use available reports and the direction of the supervisor to stay on track towards meeting revenue and attendance goals.
4. Reconcile daily and monthly sales reports to ensure that deposits to the College general ledger are being made correctly. Maintain reports on credit card deposits, cash and check deposits, and other miscellaneous general ledger entries. Participate in PCI compliance audits with the College and ensure updated policies and procedures are adopted to maintain compliance.
5. Serve as game day and on-site manager for ticket operations and sales for women’s basketball, as well as men’s soccer and men’s lacrosse. Assist with game day management of men’s basketball and men’s ice hockey. Coordinate with team operations personnel and the Associate AD for Compliance to ensure that all NCAA ticket-related policies are being communicated and enforced. Ensure proper staffing at all games.
6. Coordinate with host venue/teams where Providence is not the home team or home venue, including post-season tournaments and events, to manage and allocate ticket inventory based on department policy. Act as point-of-contact with visiting teams to ensure ticket needs are met and invoices are sent. Work with supervisor to manage inventory, communicate with department and campus groups to allocate available tickets and to ensure compliance with tournament or event specific protocols for ticket distribution.
Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required • Two to three years’ experience working in a college or professional athletic environment • Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or similar programs • Previous ticketing, sales, or fundraising experience preferred • Previous ticketing, sales, or fundraising experience preferred
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time • Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction • Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard • Communication skills using the spoken word • Ability to see within normal parameters • Ability to hear within normal range • Ability to move about
About Providence College
What We ValueProvidence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.