Assistant Coach - Men's & Women's Swimming and Diving University of Scranton
Non-Discrimination Statement The University of Scranton is committed to providing a safe and nondiscriminatory employment and educational environment. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other status protected by law. Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic, or other programs or in the context of employment. The University of Scranton is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Educator. Veterans, minority persons, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Purpose Responsible for assisting the head coach in the daily operations and overall administration of a varsity intercollegiate sport program and instruction of student- athletes, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of The University of Scranton, Landmark Conference and the NCAA.
Essential Duties - Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained
- Perform specific coaching and instructional responsibilities during athletic events
- Attend coach's preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University, Landmark Conference and NCAA regulations
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate departmental personnel
- Work closely with athletic training staff to insure safety of all student-athletes
- Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff and the general public
Additional Skills Required - Must possess current state driver's license
- Maintain current certification in CPR, First Aid & AED and recertify as needed on an annual basis
- Must be capable of moderate physical activity and have the ability to work and display a cooperative attitude toward all other sports programs and other functions of the University and the Athletic Department
- Must have the ability to develop a positive working relationship with all support offices both in the department and on campus
- Must be able to respect, support and contribute to the University's Catholic and Jesuit mission