Lead overall strategic direction of the IWLCA, in conjunction with the IWLCA Board, and primary operational responsibility for the Association, including oversight of all programs & tournaments, expansion of revenue, and execution of the mission.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
1. Work closely with Board in leading strategic decision-making for the Association, and drive active Board involvement by providing necessary information, analysis and recommendations to the Board on an on-going basis.
2. Actively engage the IWLCA members to understand strengths & opportunities and to energize the membership.
3. Oversee planning and execution of all IWLCA events including, but not limited to, all recruiting tournaments, the Annual Meeting, and Senior All-Star games.
4. Ensure consistent quality of finance, administration, communication, and operational activities.
5. Develop and execute plan to generate external sources of revenue, including corporate sponsorships and marketing partnerships.
6. Work with Treasurer to develop Annual Operating Budget and produce annual financial report. Oversee collection of all sources of revenue (dues, sponsorships) and identify new entrepreneurial opportunities; recommend business options to the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
7. Perform ongoing evaluations of IWLCA programs & benefits and make recommendations to the Board for adjustments, as needed.
8. Lead, coach, develop, and retain the IWLCA’s full-time staff.
9. Manage marketing, communication, and PR efforts to increase the visibility and build the brand of the IWLCA externally, and to drive member clarity on IWLCA priorities & benefits internally.
10. Execute other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors or Executive Committee.
Critical Expertise & Experience:
1. 10+ years of management experience, with a track record of effectively leading a diverse organization.
2. Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
3. Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
4. Proven ability to identify new streams of revenue (including sponsorships).
5. Experience working with third parties, including negotiations and ongoing partnership management.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
7. Ability to collaborate well with diverse groups of people.
8. Experience working with Media organizations and an understanding of how to grow a digital media presence.
9. Strong leadership, team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
10. Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA)
The IWLCA is a membership-led, professional association representing the nation’s intercollegiate women’s lacrosse coaches within Division I, II & III of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). The IWLCA is a 501c(3) nonprofit educational organization.
Mission: To cultivate the growth of and to promote excellence in intercollegiate women’s lacrosse.